Premium Member

to Tx

Re: Sell Rogers Internet over wifi under different name

So you posted a fake review then Also against Terms for Reviews
scorpido

scorpido to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
TX You derailed this thread from the start. You need to have some respect for the forum.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by scorpido:

TX You derailed this thread from the start. You need to have some respect for the forum.

This != derailing the thread kiddo.
said by Tx:

Odd question i'm sure but is this causing you distress? If not, why care ? Let Rogers figure it out. Who cares?

Feel free to let us know how it goes with Rogers.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Yeah, I'll find out if there is an option for using cable internet as a back bone and if there is then I will for sure let you know as it would make a great back up connection.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
Looks like that post referencing the PM is gone. Knew it.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Pot, meet kettle.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

4 edits

Tx to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

Looks like that post referencing the PM is gone. Knew it.

Nope it's there. I believe it was held back for review after it was posted but It's back up as i didn't reference any of the PM whatsoever. I've already contacted the mods offering to send them a copy of the PM as reference showing nothing was displayed from the PM. Big difference in telling publicly that i was asked to drop something and actually pasting the contents of a private message.

The OP is literally suffering from massive paranoia clearly. Talking about how i didn't ask permission to post our pm (as i didn't anyway) and then this whole thread in general. (i should make note this comment here was not part of a PM. It's in reference to a post above) lol

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
ah yep its back.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to scorpido

to scorpido
Here is a link to Roger's Carrier Services. Which would allow you to resell by default in 99% of all cases. After all that's what Carrier Services is designed for:

»www.rogersbusinesssoluti ··· r-cable/ Ethernet over Cable and uses a simple DOC3 cable modem.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by TBBroadband:

Here is a link to Roger's Carrier Services. Which would allow you to resell by default in 99% of all cases. After all that's what Carrier Services is designed for:

»www.rogersbusinesssoluti ··· r-cable/ Ethernet over Cable and uses a simple DOC3 cable modem.

Without knowing the specific ToS and AUP of the product, Ethernet over Cable is designed as a wholesale product for carriers to sell to their end users, not for use as a transport medium for a carrier's backbone connection.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

It's not the AUP/TOS. It's what the contract states. And this is the closet thing that Rogers has listed that the "illegal WiSP" could be using. They could have a clause in their contract that states they can use it for their customers; especially if they're unable to get Cable HSI from Rogers. Many cable companies permit this in the carrier class office.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

A contract is where the Terms of Service are located. :-\
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Not fully. You can have a document stating that you are permitted to resell- something that is NOT in the public TOS/AUP. Something you must not get. Anyone can contact Rogers and ask to be allowed to resell their services and get a document stating so if they do wish to provide/allow it. it does not need to be permitted in the TOS/AUP.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to HeadSpinning

Premium Member

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

A contract is where the Terms of Service are located. :-\

The TOS and AUP you see on the Rogers site is for consumer and regular business usage. A completely different set of agreements could be given on paper upon signing. I say this because we have a global set of AUP, TOS and TOU but some of our resellers are provided their own. That of which isn't publicly available as it's an agreement between us and them
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

Which is why I said "Without knowing the specific ToS and AUP of the product..."

The product is defined by by the Terms of Service. The contract documents the Terms of Service, and forms the agreement to the terms and conditions by which the service is provided.

Not sure how much clearer I could have been.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by HeadSpinning:

A contract is where the Terms of Service are located.

You also stated this after which is where i commented.
Tx

Tx to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

There is a wireless internet service provider in my area that is using Rogers Cable Internet connection for his backbone for his wireless network. He is selling internet under his own business name. Is that allowed? I didn't think it was.

Any news? I've been honestly curious what the result was if any.