share rss forum feed

G00SE
Premium
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

[Rant] Internet Advertising.....

I used to be able to go to the Suddenlink site and find pages and pages of good information on products and services offered.
Now I had to download the TV listings !!! And, attempting to check out what's offered with the cable TV packages, I'm run in circles, and taken to cute little "videos", when all I'm looking for is solid, concrete information !!
Suddenlink has given us great service with our internet and telephone, and great tech support, the reps are as polite and helpful
as can be, and a credit to their company, but I guess I'll have to go to the local office to possibly actually see some of the systems in action. I was born at night, but not last night....I have never just ordered something online such as a service like cable or satellite TV.
This isn't really a rant, I just had no better category to place it, and hopefully, Suddenlink will start posting more information, and the way they did at one time. Just 'cause videos are "the thing" now doesn't mean they convey more, or even that much useful information.
I guess I can google tivo and learn more about them, and possibly read the forum here, and pick up a lot of good info on the different packages and equipment.
Thanks !

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Yeah, their site is very generic. If you click on "Order Online" on the left side and put in at least your zip code, it will show you real features and pricing for each category without having to call in.

»www.suddenlink.com/bundles/#find_offers
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

G00SE
Premium
Conroe, TX

Thanks Cabal, I'll check it out. I use 'noscript', so I may have been blocking some of their scripts, although they are "whitelisted".

G00SE
Premium
Conroe, TX

OK, I did find some help pages that give more info on the TIVO units
and more.
But, possibly Suddenlink should check out Dish or DirecTV's sites, and go with a little more color and description. JMHO......

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to G00SE

I've noticed that over the last couple years, the information provided is either being buried deeper, or no longer there. Having trouble finding the fee break down now since the billing changed. They used to have it included in the channel lineup download.

Uplinkpro

join:2008-02-11
Lake Charles, LA

At this point I think that is the idea. They want pricing details to be as obscure as possible so they can effectively charge people what they want, when they want.

G00SE
Premium
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Sometimes I wonder if these companies are all alike ??!!!!
I called Suddenlink Thursday about an issue with my telephone, and
was told about a fantastic offer, giving a subscriber $300 credit if they
switched from a satellite provider; my wife and I talked about it, and Friday I called, all ready to set things up, and found out that the offer is only for new subscribers !!!! This is along the lines of the same problem I have with my current satellite TV provider.....they don't at all appreciate those customers who have been with them "forever"... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At times I honestly wonder if that's not purposely done just to entice customers to call back, because many will just say "To Heck with It" and go ahead and subscribe to a service anyway....

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

I had just called in (used the chat feature actually) last week and this time around was actually given the price that is online for new subscribers with practically zero effort.

Friend also told me she saw a commercial on tv that right now SL was honoring new user pricing for existing customers if you call in.

G00SE
Premium
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Thanks for the info. 'Won't hurt to give it another shot.
The only other issue is that the same service will cost almost as much as Dish with a TIVO 4 (4 tuner) and NetFlix and Blockbuster movies are not available for some reason, TIVO requires a paid account, right; + I don't know the first thing about TIVO, like, does Suddenlink use their whole software setup as far as menus, program guides, and scheduling, or is it possibly a hybrid system ?
Dish did actually call me Monday, and the rep couldn't pull up my account for some reason, so was going to call back, but it never happened......I rescheduled DirecTV for the 14th to give me a little
more time to try and sort things out.