spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

How to get back an old website?

I used to run ninjaturtlesnetwork.com eventually I got bored with it...as I Had accomplished all I meant to accomplish.

However, recently I decided to start it back up again as a blog...only one problem. Some crummy company bought the domain and is using it to park junk. Is there anyway to reclaim it? Or just hope they don't renew it when it's done?

I already tried a domain transfer , that didn't seem to work..
thanks

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Pretty sure you'll have to make arrangements to buy it back from the current owner. Those domain parkers are in it for the money and they won't let previously used domains expire.
TurtleFan
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

damn hosers... i guess it won't be cheap....

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to TurtleFan

Premium Member

to TurtleFan
Alternatively, ninjaturtlesnetwork.net is available...
TurtleFan
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

said by darcilicious:

Alternatively, ninjaturtlesnetwork.net is available...

yeah, I already registered .org, but i was curious if i got the original domain back, would i be able to see the wayback machine for the old archives again? Since these bastards got it, they disabled the robot crawling.

»whois.net/whois/ninjatur ··· work.com

Do I really want to contact some shady person from vietnam?
cmhbob
Did...Did I Do That?
Premium Member
join:2001-03-13
Fort Gibson, OK

cmhbob to TurtleFan

Premium Member

to TurtleFan
Have you tried search a specific string from the old forum on Google, then clicking the cached view? That might net you the graphics.

Have you asked the current owners how much they want?

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to TurtleFan

MVM

to TurtleFan
said by TurtleFan:

yeah, I already registered .org, but i was curious if i got the original domain back, would i be able to see the wayback machine for the old archives again? Since these bastards got it, they disabled the robot crawling.

No, even if you go the domain back, Wayback isn't going to have the domain archived. Internet Archive (parent of Wayback Machine) is a good net citizen and honors robots.txt files. Once they were disallowed, they purge past history regardless if the then current owner was the previous owner.

Do I really want to contact some shady person from vietnam?

At this moment, they are just as shady as you are. But yes, if you want that domain back, you are going to have to contact them. Unless you own the trademark to the domain and they infringe on it, or you can prove that somehow they are infringing on your rights or somehow acquired the domain illegally, they have just as much right to own and essentially not use it as you do.

If you gave it up by not renewing it and letting it expire, then sorry but you're learning a lesson.
TurtleFan
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

Damn... the restoration of the wayback is the main reason why i wanted it...just so i could get a screenshot of the old graphics... ****.....oh well, lesson learned. 12 years of history gone