spc
uniqs
ajohnson9
join:2013-06-28
Greenwood, IN

ajohnson9 to USR56K

to USR56K

Re: [Asus RT-AC66U] - Dyndns not updated frequently

I'm having the same issue. Same firmware version. Have not tried an older version to see if that might fix it, but I'm not even sure you can go to an older version with this router...I've only had it a few months and haven't done much with it. When I save the config in the UI, I can see the update entries in the routers logfile, so I know it's successfully logging in when it's set up. I'm not sure if it ever does a successful update after that. I suspect not. Just checked, still no updated firmware.
ajohnson9

ajohnson9

Looks like my issue has nothing to do with the router, but is my ISP...Comcast. Apparently Comcast intercepts these updates and responds back to DynDNS with an incorrect value. I have to figure out an alternative way to keep up with the IP Address changes I guess.

I just moved to this area and just got Comcast as my provider...so I'm seeing some of their nice restrictions that they have on their service now...

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium Member
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT

ctgreybeard

Premium Member

As far as I know the DynDNS updates are http requests. I don't know how Comcast could mess that up. Do you have more details?