Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Voyager!

Something exciting is happening and it has baffled scientists so far; as Voyager gets closer to leaving the solar system, that is:

»www.wired.com/wiredscien ··· -region/

I love it when things happen that scientists thought impossible or unlikely. In my past work that happened too, and I'd have data to prove it. It would really tick off the scientists, and they'd even blame me, hah hah. The thing is, much about many parts of science is very inexact and not absolute. They might try and assert that "something such and such has to be when such and such is so and so" and yet, nope!

This is the one thing that keeps me wanting to live (besides my loved ones), because I so very much want to witness more and more wonders. How about you guys?

TwoFrogs
Times Fun when You're Having Flies
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Redlands, CA

TwoFrogs

MVM

V'ger

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

That Star Trek movie was cool, I think of that all the time when the Voyagers are mentioned.

By now we should have dispatched some more ships out to the edge, NASA is doing some cool stuff, but are we doing as much as we can and should do? Either the USA leads or it follows. If Kennedy's vision got us to the moon in such a short time, but now we've been years without a manned vessel, what does that say about our will to live?

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: Voyager!

I see why you didn't summarize the article for us. Its very sketchy and technical. I wonder what kind of delay the data has now as it transmits.

Amazing these things are still functional.
usa2k

usa2k to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94

said by signmeuptoo94:

... If Kennedy's vision got us to the moon in such a short time, but now we've been years without a manned vessel, what does that say about our will to live?

Many of us live in the moment, and some in the past. Visionaries live in the future, but these days they are driving Facebook and Apple, Tesla, medical research and such.

Once space is commercialized, everybody will be investing, but that will need a new power technology I suspect.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Speaking of Tesla, we saw a Tesla sedan today and talked to the owner. Very cool car!

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

1 recommendation

leibold to usa2k

MVM

to usa2k

said by usa2k:

I wonder what kind of delay the data has now as it transmits.

17 hours according to a BBC article on the same subject.
said by usa2k:

Amazing these things are still functional.

This is mainly due to plutonium powered "batteries" (thermo-electric generators) which are expected to last another decade however their power output is already decreasing and several science payloads have been shut down to conserve power.