spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Meowmeow

@charter.com

192.168.1.1:80 Username Password

So I want to make a minecraft server and I went to the 192.168.1.1 page where it says to type in a username and password. I have tried and treid but nothing seems to work: username: ---, password: admin / username: admin, password: password, ect and I cant seem to find what works. My modem is a "Motorola Surfboard SB5101N", and my router is a "Lynksis E1000". I doubt anyone in my family has changed any settings for them.
If you could please help me figure this out....

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
Liknsys default is no user name and a password of admin

Meowmeow

@charter.com
said by AsherN:

Yes I know I tried that but it didn't work. Does that mean someone must have changed it?

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
said by Meowmeow :

said by AsherN:

Yes I know I tried that but it didn't work. Does that mean someone must have changed it?

Yes

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Meowmeow
Easiest way would be to reset the router to default settings and reconfigure.

Meow meow

@charter.com
Alright. So how does I do that?

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
According to the manual, page 4

Reset The Reset button is located on the right side of the product label. There are two ways to reset the Router to its factory defaults. Either press and hold the Reset Button for approximately five seconds, or restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen in the Router’s browser-based utility (refer to Administration > Factory Defaults, page 34).

Doing this will wipe out any existing passwords and settings. So, it won't be a secret that it has been done.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein