uniqs
share rss forum feed

cbobby

join:2009-06-14
New Windsor, MD

Knowing that no one gives a $%$ about 3G Speeds on Sprint

However

Last Result:

Download Speed: 256 kbps (32 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 22 kbps (2.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 111 ms

is it the Chinese, the Russians?

cbobby

New Windsor, MD
Last Result:

Download Speed: 721 kbps (90.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 23 kbps (2.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 113 ms

=============================

Last Result:

Download Speed: 217 kbps (27.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 24 kbps (3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 107 ms

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to cbobby

Knowing that no one gives a $%$ about 3G Speeds on Sprint

You're taking a lot of assumptions posting this. You may not care but others do and your posting indicates you also are interested.

Wartrace

join:2009-03-07
Wartrace, TN
reply to cbobby
Are you sure you can't get 4G in New Windsor, MD? Just a quick search of the coverage map shows 4G in the area.

I went to Sprint 4g even though I am in a "fair" area and it works great.

The 3G speeds you posted are very similar to what I had on the Verizon network. A good day would be in the 500kbps range and a normal day would be in the 200 to 300kbps range.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to cbobby
Well, frankly, I won't particularly care about 3G speeds either unless and until we see the improvements Sprint is promising in the wake of the Network Vision upgrade. As a matter of fact, I was seeing just such dramatic improvements a few weeks ago, including download speed of around 2 megs and upload speed around 1 meg; truly awesome. But that only lasted about ten days, and now my 3G speeds are back on Earth. Here's what I got the last time I tested it:

So 3G speed won't really be an issue for me unless both 4G networks disappear from my neighborhood, which fortunately hasn't happened yet, and hopefully never will. Most of the time, where I'm at, WiMax is always up to spec (minimum of 3 megs, and yesterday was running as high as a whopping 11 megs), while LTE hovers around the 2 meg mark (way under spec but then it hasn't officially rolled out yet here, so they're probably still working on it). (Curiously enough, this morning, for the first time since LTE came a-calling in my neighborhood, I'm getting performance minimally superior to my WiMax minimum, running about 4 megs a second. So this will be the first day that I will probably stay on LTE all day, just to see what happens.)

cbobby

New Windsor, MD

2 edits
reply to cbobby
Last Result:

Download Speed: 1171 kbps (146.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 24 kbps (3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 113 ms

download speed is OK for 3G but this is the second day that there is NO Upload Speed

Regarding LITE...yes it is in my area and at first Sprint had my house in the fringe area...but just checked it this week and I'm only in the 3G area...shadow of the hills keeps LITE from reaching me.

»coverage.sprint.com/action/WebIm···FFFFTFTF

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1393 kbps (174.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 18 kbps (2.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 140 ms

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
reply to cbobby

cbobby

New Windsor, MD

1 edit
reply to cbobby
Spoke to Millen Support. they said Sprint is doing a "Vision Update" in may area, expanding 4GLite and it should be done by Wed.

Maybe I'll have 4G after that? wishful thinking?

another day with no Upload

Last Result:

Download Speed: 896 kbps (112 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 15 kbps (1.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 111 ms

cbobby

New Windsor, MD
reply to cbobby
guess it's fixed