uniqs
share rss forum feed

eagle92
Premium
join:2000-08-03
La Habra, CA
kudos:2

Speed Issues Again

I had 3000/768 but never got more than 2100/600, so I Down graded my service to 1500/384, and now i'm getting 345/363, And this has been going on for a month now, HELP

--
Intel Core i7 @3.8 Ghz,EVGA X58 Classified Limited Edition,2X eVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked 768Mb SLi, 12GB OCZ DDR3 1333,Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer,Coolermaster HAF 932,LG BLU-RAY R/W HD/BR DVD,ASUS 18X DVD-RW 7.0TB Liquid Cooled

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29
I just ran a test on your line, and it's definitely showing lower readings than it should. Checking history... on the 10th I've got a recorded reading after the downgrade showing sync at 1.5Mbps, so we know it wasn't the downgrade itself being 'broken' and causing the slower speeds - something between then and now happened which is causing the issue on the line.

I'll have a tech give you a call shortly to assist, but in the meantime - I'm assuming you've already tried powercycling the modem? Looks like you're on a dryloop circuit so I also assume you don't have any phones, fax machines, etc. plugged in.

eagle92
Premium
join:2000-08-03
La Habra, CA
kudos:2
reply to eagle92
Tried the power cycle once, didn't do anything, so I did it again and let it sit for an hour, all is good

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29
Glad it's looking better now. Where do you have the modem? Weather has been a bit warm, and it's possible it might've been overheating, especially if it's somewhere exposed to sunlight, or if it's someplace it can't dissipate sufficient heat - such as if it's sitting on top of your computer, or on a carpet or other soft surface which doesn't allow proper ventilation.