uniqs

rwong48
join:2002-11-10
San Jose, CA

rwong48 to biomesh

to biomesh

Re: [Business] JUst had comcast installed - advice please

said by biomesh:

As for the activation issues this is normally caused by not allowing enough time for the firmware update to complete. You should always just plug in the modem and connect it to your coax and leave it there for at least an hour. You can call in and give the rep your MAC, but don't expect it to work until the firmware update is complete. A lot of techs and phone reps don't have time to wait for it to complete so they say the modem is bad.

Cool - I'll try this. I assume I can do this while my SMCD3G is plugged in?

The problem I had before was that the modem appeared to be in a loop of updating firmware and rebooting itself.. or something. It was ~2 years ago so I don't remember.
rwong48

rwong48

said by rwong48:

said by biomesh:

As for the activation issues this is normally caused by not allowing enough time for the firmware update to complete. You should always just plug in the modem and connect it to your coax and leave it there for at least an hour. You can call in and give the rep your MAC, but don't expect it to work until the firmware update is complete. A lot of techs and phone reps don't have time to wait for it to complete so they say the modem is bad.

Cool - I'll try this. I assume I can do this while my SMCD3G is plugged in?

The problem I had before was that the modem appeared to be in a loop of updating firmware and rebooting itself.. or something. It was ~2 years ago so I don't remember.

Wow, that actually worked. Receive light stayed on, send light blinked for 8 hours before it finally worked and got an IP. Thanks biomesh See Profile!