uniqs
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

2 edits

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

Are these temps normal (4770 new build)?

This is new build - i4770 + Asus Z87-Plus. 16 GB or RAM. Intel HD Graphics. Everything stock, including cooler. Not overclocked.

Running with 1 side of the case off

Ambient temp is ~25 deg C.

Maximum temps on screenshot were reached when running Asus Stress test for 10 min. It first stressed CPU to 100% (all cores) for 200 sec, then memory for 200 sec, then Graphics for 200 sec.

Also Core 0 seems to be consistently cooler than the rest at idle - right now it is at 30C and the rest is 33-34. Does this indicate a problem? Under 100% load temps are about the same on all cores.

What CPU temp should I take into consideration when running stress tests? As you can see on screenshot there are 3 main groups with multiple sensors/values for each group:

CPU[#0]: Intel Core i7-4770: DTS

CPU[#0]: Intel Core i7-4770

Nuvoton NCT6791D

Are there some kind of guides/recommendations on running burn-in test? For now I just tried it for 10 minutes which is most likely not enough.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Those look about right for stock cooling. I'd use the first two sensor groups for CPU temperatures. I'm guessing the CPU reading on the last one is the socket temperature.

As for one core appearing to run cooler than the others, that's common. There are many things that can cause that, including variances in manufacturing (not all silicon is created equal ), the thermal material between the CPU die and the heatspreader, flatness of the heatspreader, etc. On my CPU, I think core 0 runs the coolest at idle, but core 2 runs substantially cooler than the others under load (0 and 3 tied for next coolest).