uniqs

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Sandroid

Premium Member

to Sandroid

Re: TekSavvy's falling apart, who can match their old quality?

said by Sandroid:

Marc, I appreciate that you're trying, and I don't want to minimize that, but I'm probably not the type of customer anymore who can sit by and wait. I've become the type of person who values throwing money at problems to make them go away.

as for wait times, I haven't called lately, and it may well be resolved, you'll just have to wait to rebuild the userbase's trust in that. I've personally experienced the "call in to long waits, find out they're hiring, [fast-forward] still long wait" cycle a few times.

As for the technical issues, I'll share this: I don't like it when someone skirts all responsibility by saying things that essentially communicate "It doesn't happen often enough, so we won't deal with the problem" or "Oh you're using some custom router that I don't know about, so it must be on your end."

You're right though, the lag bubbles and occasional packet loss are likely related. They aren't important enough of an issue right now for me to assist with any investigation, and I'm able enough to know that it's useless unless I'm cooperating on my end.

So, for the record, I'm not saying the wait times are solved.. It will naturally go up and down and we will have to react... I did however say that there were times where there were no wait times but that those hardly got mentioned. It's not true to say that wait times have been through the roof for two plus years. It has gone up and down. As we put in place the stop sells last year for example, we had 50 additional staff not doing anything... So for 3-4 months.. There were no wait times... And again late in 2012 and early this year, wait times were generally fairly decent.

So, we are in agreement that wait times are a problem. There is no denying that on my part..

For the technical support.. I'm not sure when that happened or who or why you were told that. Certainly, that's not how it should be if that's what it was. Was that what one tech told you or did many techs tell you this? For tech support, this year we made a major major push to get tech support where it should be. I posted about this in another thread but in general, we now have a very robust training program in place as well as a robust screening process.. We also removed hybrid CSR/TSRs and so, I would agree that out tech support had suffered a year ago but now I would say we are well on our way to having it back to where it should be... We still have some distance to go but I think it's obvious even from these threads on here that things have improved.

As for sitting by and waiting... That's fair enough. You should know though that I too have not been sitting by and waiting... We have changed and I urge you to take a new look. Regardless though, I appreciate that you can see that we are trying..

I've asked the crew to take a look at your situation either way, I hope you don't mind. I think they found your account from previous interactions... Either way, have a good long weekend. Hopefully the weather is good.

lolzz
@start.ca

lolzz

Anon

Customer service downfall is seemingly directly related to size of the business. I've been with Rogers, TSI, Distributel, EBox, Start and it seems to be a re-occurring pattern.

Here's a ranking of level of service and attention to detail that I've personally experienced.
Start>EBox>TSI>Distributel>Rogers

Start and Ebox are more or less on par, but Start has pretty good follow up on EVERYTHING (at least a phone call after any sort of changes). It's impossible to get to TSI and Distributel, and Roger's "support" is just a joke at best.

Marc, I know that you're trying your best at resolving issues, but telling your customers that you're trying to solve the wait issues year after year kinda gets old. I've been a satisfied customer since the good old legacy DSL days, then you guys dropped the ball for me in 09-10. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, you've lost me as a customer, possibly forever seeing how its now 2013 and these problems haven't been resolved yet.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

1 recommendation

geokilla

said by lolzz :

Customer service downfall is seemingly directly related to size of the business. I've been with Rogers, TSI, Distributel, EBox, Start and it seems to be a re-occurring pattern.

Here's a ranking of level of service and attention to detail that I've personally experienced.

Start and Ebox are more or less on par, but Start has pretty good follow up on EVERYTHING (at least a phone call after any sort of changes). It's impossible to get to TSI and Distributel, and Roger's "support" is just a joke at best.

Marc, I know that you're trying your best at resolving issues, but telling your customers that you're trying to solve the wait issues year after year kinda gets old. I've been a satisfied customer since the good old legacy DSL days, then you guys dropped the ball for me in 09-10. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, you've lost me as a customer, possibly forever seeing how its now 2013 and these problems haven't been resolved yet.

Agreed X 9000%. There's a reason George Burger left TekSavvy and joined VMedia.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by geokilla:

Agreed X 9000%. There's a reason George Burger left TekSavvy and joined VMedia.

How do you know he left on bad terms? VMedia is a different company with a different focus. TSI does not want to do IPTV yet. VMedia is focused on IPTV.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to lolzz

Premium Member

to lolzz
said by lolzz :

You're right. It's old. I'll do my best to get it right this time. It'll be quite the thing if we do manage to pull it off at 500+ staff though..