spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Grey Area

join:2003-11-18
UK

[Excel] Pivot Chart labels on chart (Excel 2007)

It used to be that it was possible to filter pivot chart selections "on the page" - there would be grey buttons that could be clicked to change filter settings.

In 2007 I am getting a "PivotChart Filter Pane" instead, which I really don't like as much. How do I get my buttons back?

avguser

join:2003-02-09

1 edit

Drag the field(s) you want to use as a filter in to the "Report Filter" block of the Pivot Table Field List

Grey Area

UK

I assume that's supposed to be "drag" - but that doesn't get my buttons back - it just puts the field in that stupid pivotchart filter pane.

For instance it used to be if I had a field "Supplier" and I had it as a report filter, it would appear on the top left of my chart as a grey button with "Supplier" on it that I could click to filter and the filter logo visible to the right when it was active - this button would print with the chart.

avguser

Yes, that was "drag" I editted. Not enough coffee yet here.

I'm sorry, I just re-read your post. You said pivot "Chart".

Unfortunately, I think the answer is you need to learn how to live with it this way because the functionality is not in Excel 2007. It bothered me initially for a day or three. I've learned to accept it.

Grey Area

UK

Meh. A rare dropping of the ball by Excel (I've always thought it's Microsoft's best product by far).

We have 2010 at work and I think the buttons are back in that - does anyone know for sure?

avguser

Yes, buttons are back in v2010

Grey Area

UK
reply to Grey Area

Just scored an update to 2013 and can confirm the buttons are back in that too. At least they realised their mistake!