uniqs
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to matthewh16

to matthewh16

Re: Remote DVR not working

said by matthewh16:

From what I've seen, the reason for MOST people, as to why the CallerID and RemoteDVR stops working is this:

The STBs are assigned IPs dynamically in the 192.168.1.100 range. The router requires port forwarding for each STB, and each port forward is STB Specific in regards to the outside port. If a device gets reset, the STB gets a different IP, but the port forwards do NOT automatically update to the new IP.

If you have VZ fix the port forwards, and than make the STBs working IP assignments STATIC, it won't ever fail again. The STBs will now always get the same IP, and so the port forwards will match. I did this probably 2 years ago and mine has never gone out since. =)

Disabling and then re-enabling caller ID SHOULD remap the port forwarding.
matthewh16
join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA

matthewh16

said by PJL:

said by matthewh16:

From what I've seen, the reason for MOST people, as to why the CallerID and RemoteDVR stops working is this:

The STBs are assigned IPs dynamically in the 192.168.1.100 range. The router requires port forwarding for each STB, and each port forward is STB Specific in regards to the outside port. If a device gets reset, the STB gets a different IP, but the port forwards do NOT automatically update to the new IP.

If you have VZ fix the port forwards, and than make the STBs working IP assignments STATIC, it won't ever fail again. The STBs will now always get the same IP, and so the port forwards will match. I did this probably 2 years ago and mine has never gone out since. =)

Disabling and then re-enabling caller ID SHOULD remap the port forwarding.

Good to know! I use static IPs with my computers anyway though.