Search similar:

uniqs
kilroy0097
join:2011-09-18
College Station, TX

kilroy0097

[Digital TV] Suddenlink audio & video signal issues

Hello,

For a couple of years with Suddenlink we have been experiencing seemingly random audio and video signal issues that happen most commonly on certain digital channels. Let me be clear that we have experienced none of these issues on standard non-digital channels. I am not entirely sure what is the cause of these issues with our digital signal because they have come out and tested our line multiple times in the last two years and each time they told me that the signal was fine. Once they even replaced the line connection at the main line behind my house just case that was the cause. Unfortunately that was not the cause and I am getting zero help from Suddenlink phone support when I call them at the moments that the issue is on going. If there was a better way to point out to a Suddenlink technician that could check a channel signal at the time when an issue occurs then I don't know what it is.

We have recently upgraded from our old Pace DVR to a Premiere Q TIVO in hopes that it might solve our issues. It has not.

The exact description of the issues are two fold.
1) Video signal will begin to tile and interrupt as if the signal is being degraded. This also is accompanied by audio signal disruption.
2) Other times we will have no video issues at all but audio will cut out and back on at random intervals making watching a TV program impossible to understand.

The channels we see the most issues with are as follows :
(channel numbers via local Suddenlink guide) College Station, Texas (77840)
722 BIOHD (issues daily! )
723 H2HD (issues daily!)
705 KYLEDT (FOX channel - major network)
740 TNTHD
759 TRAVHD

There are probably more but these are the ones we experience issues with most and have noted. Please help if you have any information that might lead to a solution to these issues.

Thank you.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

noise getting into the line can cause this and if it isn't present at the moment they take a look at the line, they won't see it. intermittent issues usually take awhile of line monitoring.
kilroy0097
College Station, TX

kilroy0097

How would I go about requesting a line to be monitored over time? Is it difficult to get them to put a monitoring device on my line?

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

I had similar issues on my lines and it took several months and issues on the internet portion before my problem was tracked down as an incorrectly installed line end on the other side of town (still on my node). It's honestly not anything you can ask them to do since the plant guys seem to be a COMPLETELY separate department and have no contact with any of the other support staff.

You could always just continuously call in and complain over and over until you eventually get escalated. Another option, you MIGHT be able to get ahold of SDL3Tech on here and see if he sees any issues in your neighborhood on the lines
kilroy0097
College Station, TX

kilroy0097

Thanks for the info. At least I know someone out there has or had the same problem as I do. It's just not a consistent issue for me to pin down what might be causing it. Also that it only happens on certain channels most of the time but not all the time is just weird since I wouldn't think that is a cable issue at least in my house. It seems very much to be a Suddenlink issue with a piece of equipment between me and their local hub. I wonder if my neighbors are getting the same issues on the same channels. Might need to start knocking on doors just to find out.
SDLshannon
join:2013-02-22

SDLshannon to kilroy0097

to kilroy0097
Hi Kilroy0097- Shannon with Suddenlink here. I would be happy to further research why you are experiencing this trouble with your service. Can you please email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com? Thank you!