share rss forum feed

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Trailer)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEsgxlZqro

I don't put much stock in trailers anymore...but a familiar face makes an appearance.

I'll be looking forward to additional news about it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
said by Koil:

(youtube clip)
don't put much stock in trailers anymore...but a familiar face makes an appearance.

I'll be looking forward to additional news about it.

I am really looking forward to this, as I'm curious as to how Bioware wants to take the story further after the events of DA2.

As for the familiar face, is it Flemeth ?
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
Not sure how loaded your question is, lol, but I was referring to Morrigan. Now, I never played DA2, but played the shit out of DA:O, and I was never fully satisfied that Flemeth didn't occupy Morrigan, though I could be completely wrong and missed that part of the story, or time has let it slip from my mind.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by Koil:

Not sure how loaded your question is, lol, but I was referring to Morrigan. Now, I never played DA2, but played the shit out of DA:O, and I was never fully satisfied that Flemeth didn't occupy Morrigan, though I could be completely wrong and missed that part of the story, or time has let it slip from my mind.

Hrmmmmm... well then, I may have revealed a spoiler. I figured that you had played both games. Mah bad.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
You're fine, dude....I won't be playing DA2 anyway...heard waaay too much bad shit about it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
The story is quite good, with the problem being that you have to trudge through reused area after reused area with non-DA combat.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Koil
I played DA:2 on the Xbox while I was deployed overseas, which is where that particular game was mean to be played (Xbox, not overseas).

The combat was quite fun on the console. It didnt have the depth and strategy with DAO, but it was still very fun.

You dont feel as "squishy" in DA2 as DAO. More like a super-hero and less like a commoner.

Of course, after figuring out the DAO system, I rerolled my starting character as a caster, made her a healer and went through the game easily on hard mode. Eventually made her a blood mage/arcane warrior with the specialized arcane warrior item set. I was basically unkillable and soloed the last portion of the game.
--
Savious like Savior

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to Koil
This game looks good but I have a question for you guys. How necessary do you think it is to play the first 2 games? I never did play them but may do so simply to lead into this game.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Koil
said by Koil:

You're fine, dude....I won't be playing DA2 anyway...heard waaay too much bad shit about it.

I loved, LOVED DA2 combat. It's a tiny bit of TW2 with a lot of Asian hack-and-slash style. I guess you could think it is cartoony, but I thought it was cool.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Grimm
said by Grimm:

This game looks good but I have a question for you guys. How necessary do you think it is to play the first 2 games? I never did play them but may do so simply to lead into this game.

You can always wiki the plot.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to Grimm
The first one, Dragon Age: Origins, is definitely worth the play through. Awesome game...must have title, imo.

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
Was up for sale on xbox live for $5. Bought it and it's pretty good. I really like the storyline.

However, after playing so many games that are fast and in your face, I'm having trouble being patient with the rpg-type game. lol

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
I just bought DA2 when it was on sale a few days ago for about 7 bucks...Its not as bad as ppl are making it out to be...it's linear, yes, but the combat is good, and so far the story has been entertaining.

I can see why ppl complain about the re-use of maps, that is pretty shoddy, and the constant having to go all over the town, but only able to exit through certain points is a time eater. Also, the conversations are a tad long winded as well....but, other than that, I'm having fun with it. Not as good as DA, sure, but it isn't the pile of steaming shit the internet is making it out to be.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Yeah, I heard about how bad it was before I picked it up on sale, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Kulldar
Premium
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI
reply to Grimm
DA2 wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. The shittiest part was the re-used maps. The combat was quite fun in my opinion.

While you could google the plot of the games, I would recommend playing through them. It wouldn't be a chore but a great experience that will force you to wait impatiently for DA:I.

Plus, I read somewhere that you'll be able to import your saved games for this one. Not sure how big of an impact the saved game will make though... as in DA2 you could import DA:O saved games, but it didn't really didn't impact much.

TigerLord
For Value Received
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Koil
Claudia Black is back!!!