Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

1 recommendation

Liberty to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude

Re: 10 years of National Do Not Call: Looking back and ahead...

I get so many robo calls I finally caved and spent $150 on an Ooma gizmo
Paid another $100 for a year of Premier service which allowed me to port my number to the gizmo and get a second line

I have my 'real' number set to tell callers my second line number and the built in log captures the numbers of all calls
I go to the log from time to time and identify the 'bad' numbers and set them to blacklist

Once I have most of the bad numbers blacklisted I will change settings to allow calls to go straight thru, after they have been filtered by the blacklist

Ooma also has a community blacklist that users add to so everyone helps each other filter the ass*oles

My phone bill went from $56/month to $3/month for first yr and $13 after with the Premier service
Highly recommend Ooma

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515

Premium Member

As opposed to blacklist, does Ooma have a whitelist? Someone else was describing this in another thread and I really loved the idea, although I forgot the company that does it. Here's how it goes.

•When you sign up, you set up a white list with numbers from family friends, and anyone else you do wish to receive calls from
•The calls from white list automatically go straight through
•Everyone else gets a recording of "Press 1 to connect" or something of that sort. That should get rid of most robocalls and auto dialers.