spc
uniqs

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to marrec74

to marrec74

Re: Legendary Quest Line

said by marrec74:

I dont think anyone has issue with LFR participation resulting in the legendary, just that the drop rate should be higher for runes and secrets in a normal modes and higher yet in heroic modes. Much like the drop rates for the caster legendary in Firelands.

So why should raiders get an unfair advantage over non-raiders for an item which isn't obtained soley through raiding?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Because non-raiders don't need it.
marrec74
join:2011-02-17
Norfolk, VA

1 recommendation

marrec74 to Cat5

to Cat5
For the same reason that LFR, Normal and Heroic have different iLvls.

Level of effort should affect level of reward.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

exactly

easier something is, the more people that will have it, the less valuable it becomes.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

So why should raiders get an unfair advantage over non-raiders for an item which isn't obtained soley through raiding?

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Because non-raiders don't need it.

I just read through the thread again... I had missed this one, at first. It's a common concept I see among those who do normal/heroic raiding. "You don't raid, so you don't need epic gear." "You only do LFR to see the content, right? So why do you need purples?" When marrec74 said, "I dont think anyone has issue with LFR participation resulting in the legendary", I think he is 100% incorrect. I don't have a problem with this personally, but I have seen numerous posts on the Blizzard forums stating that quest drops for Wrathion should only drop from normal/heroic raids. (I have even seen posts saying that Wrathion drops should be heroic mode only.) Often the language gets pretty salty, and the attacks get personal. "LFR is for retards and bads, success is guaranteed... you can just AFK and get epics handed to you, why would an LFR hero need a legendary item?" And so on.
Here's the thing... there's an obvious difference between "need" and "want". I don't need the epic cloak, but I sure do WANT to eventually get my hands on the thing. I don't need a vintage 1966 Ford GT40 in the original Gulf Oil racing colors... but I sure as hell WANT one. I don't need seats behind home plate at Game 7 of the World Series, but I'd love to have some. I don't need that double bacon barbecue cheeseburger, but... yeah.
Blizzard has decided to make the epic cloak attainable to people who only do LFR-style raiding. To expect them to NOT to try to attain it is ridiculous. I may not currently engage in normal/heroic raiding - but I still want to improve my character, in every way that the game allows me to do so. I certainly don't need the epic cloak in order to surpass any challenge that I currently am unable to defeat... but character progression is at the very core of WoW, and pretty much every other MMO out there. It's a strong psychological motivator to keep playing - Pokemon keeps people coming back with "gotta catch 'em all". One way WoW keeps people coming back is by continually updating what the BiS gear for your toon is, and hiding it behind a wall that's just a LITTLE BIT further away. When I go pew-pew at the bad guy, and the numbers are bigger, and the bad guy goes BOOM just a little bit faster than before, I'm a happy man.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

If I were blizz what I would have done is something like FL's delegation

let it be done in LFR but limit it to only one could really do it per boss kill, and if the boss died early then gotta try again.

Like on Lord Ryolith (spelling) if that were LFR when you were doing the delegation quest you'd have to ether have your guild backing you or be lucky.

Or maybe give the quest person a switch that would make it harder, like add a boss ability that if the raid doesn't want to do it might just wipe and kick.

If it were me then instead of just looting an item off the Sha at the end of TOES you'd have to do a few extra things, like have druids of the flame spawn from the little tree on the dragon fight, or a switch that would make lie she a fire ele instead of a water.

Then the moment you hit that switch 24 people that just want an easy kill become unhappy, or you have a guild group in there that support it.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
It would be attainable either way. The people would only need to to raid like the others to attain it. As character progression is a strong psychological motivator, raiding is the path to get it.

If they choose not to raid, due to schedule, interests, personal beliefs, adversity to socializing, whatever, it's not that they can't attain it, it is just that they choose not to.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

the only way LFR is a guaranteed success is when at least 10 people take it seriously enough to make the win happen. The fact that LFR has a chance at progressing the less-than-legendary questline keeps the Raiders making appearances.

In the future, I would like to see more of this expansion-long quest chains... I would rather they not get the orange titles. I would rather they get the funky patch-specific titles like "Sha-touched" and "Thunderforged" and stay purple. I'd like the "orange" Legendaries to go back to "Fangs of the Father" & "Tyracgosa" pathways. I'd like for portions of those lines to have a diminished chance at being completed in LFR (if it still exists) so that LFR isn't just the blind leading the blind.

I still want Tier bonuses either scaling with LFR/Norm/Heroic or just not existing in LFR gear. If Flex raiding is a big hit, let the Flex raid get normal quality bonuses.

Cat5

Cat5 to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
said by Caelharrad:

I just read through the thread again... I had missed this one, at first. It's a common concept I see among those who do normal/heroic raiding. "You don't raid, so you don't need epic gear." "You only do LFR to see the content, right? So why do you need purples?" When marrec74 said, "I dont think anyone has issue with LFR participation resulting in the legendary", I think he is 100% incorrect. I don't have a problem with this personally, but I have seen numerous posts on the Blizzard forums stating that quest drops for Wrathion should only drop from normal/heroic raids. (I have even seen posts saying that Wrathion drops should be heroic mode only.) Often the language gets pretty salty, and the attacks get personal. "LFR is for retards and bads, success is guaranteed... you can just AFK and get epics handed to you, why would an LFR hero need a legendary item?" And so on.
Here's the thing... there's an obvious difference between "need" and "want". I don't need the epic cloak, but I sure do WANT to eventually get my hands on the thing. I don't need a vintage 1966 Ford GT40 in the original Gulf Oil racing colors... but I sure as hell WANT one. I don't need seats behind home plate at Game 7 of the World Series, but I'd love to have some. I don't need that double bacon barbecue cheeseburger, but... yeah.
Blizzard has decided to make the epic cloak attainable to people who only do LFR-style raiding. To expect them to NOT to try to attain it is ridiculous. I may not currently engage in normal/heroic raiding - but I still want to improve my character, in every way that the game allows me to do so. I certainly don't need the epic cloak in order to surpass any challenge that I currently am unable to defeat... but character progression is at the very core of WoW, and pretty much every other MMO out there. It's a strong psychological motivator to keep playing - Pokemon keeps people coming back with "gotta catch 'em all". One way WoW keeps people coming back is by continually updating what the BiS gear for your toon is, and hiding it behind a wall that's just a LITTLE BIT further away. When I go pew-pew at the bad guy, and the numbers are bigger, and the bad guy goes BOOM just a little bit faster than before, I'm a happy man.

Well said.

The only people moaning on forums are the raiders who seem to think that they are entitled to exclusive legendary drops. Everyone else is cool with it.

I've said it before but I don't view this cloak as a raiding reward. It is for everyone regardless of how they usually play the game. It is a reward for completing a very long, very frustrating, and dependant on your professions, very expensive questline which has spanned the entire expansion. It rewards loyalty to the game, not raiding accomplishments.

Again if this was an item like any previous legendary whose requirements (bar a few breadcrumb quests) took place soley in a raiding environment then yes it's a raiding legendary and non-raiders should wait before getting it when the content is faceroll. It really isn't though.

It seems lots of raiders just think the game revolves around them and they want everything to be exlusive to raiders first. This is simply the wrong attitude to have, and bad in the long run (look at epic gems in Cataclysm).
Vinceruos
join:2011-05-04
Dumfries, VA

Vinceruos

What was wrong with epic gems in Cata? I liked how that system worked...

Cat5

Cat5

said by Vinceruos:

What was wrong with epic gems in Cata? I liked how that system worked...

There wasn't enough of the gems made to meet demand. JC's who didn't raid were done out of a whole tier of business, and non-raiders couldn't gem as they should as they had no access to the latter gems.

I prefered the WotLK model, with epic gems being released later on, and prospectable from the highest ore. I can see why they didn't do this in Cata, so many people were hoarding ore it was unreal, but you'd have thought the lesson was learned and they'd hold off the "final" ore spawning until the epic gems are released.

We might not even see epic gems this expansion.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

The only people moaning on forums are the raiders who seem to think that they are entitled to exclusive legendary drops. Everyone else is cool with it.

If you're talking about me (which I think you are), learn to read.

Cat5

Cat5

said by JB9:

said by Cat5:

If you're talking about me (which I think you are), learn to read.

I'm not going to argue with you as you obviously believe your way of thinking is correct and are not willing to budge on that stance, nor discuss it in a civilised manner, choosing rather to post rude and borderline trolling comments instead.

I suggest you grow up and learn to treat people who don't share your opinions with a degree of respect, as you just come across as an idiotic troll.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
WOOT I got 2 titan runestones out of TOT LFR#3 last night, bringing me to 13.

going to do TOT LFR#4 tonight.

and oh boy does the quest text for this one sound dark.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by Cat5:

well... not the only people, and not Everyone is cool with it. I don't think it rates as a "legendary" item... and its a poor substitute to the "legendary" that has always been representative of accomplished raiding guilds/teams.

sidenote: There should be a capital city RP event when the final boss of any current raid is defeated on Heroic in a guild group. An RP even that announced the name of the guild. If the group was a PUG, it should just have a generic "heroes" in the RP in place of the guild name.
said by DarkLogix:

WOOT I got 2 titan runestones out of TOT LFR#3 last night, bringing me to 13.

Gratz, Dark!

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Reading comprehension got you down?

Cat5

Cat5

said by JB9:

Reading comprehension got you down?

I'm sorry but I couldn't find the meaning of a long line of Q's in my dictionary. Maybe it's just something you learn at Troll School.

Seriously dude just back off. You have your opinions, I have mine. They are both equally valid and Blizzard are going to do what they want regardless of our views. I come here for intelligent debates, not to be made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome by some guy who thinks that anyone who doesn't share his opinion is scum to be belittled.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

2 recommendations

mettachain to JB9

to JB9
said by JB9:

said by Cat5:

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

You know that was little douchey which sparked this incessant banter.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

sidenote: There should be a capital city RP event when the final boss of any current raid is defeated on Heroic in a guild group.

Ha, it's funny you bring that up because just yesterday before I left I was thinking to myself, I wonder if RP servers have raid groups. I've never spent much time on an RP server but I think it would be funny as hell to be on vent with people from an RP server who were speaking in character. I would honestly pay the $25 xfer fee of a toon just for the experience of it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

well... I was thinking more like the Taracgosa Legendary RP event that happens over SW... or the Dalaran event when you kill Algalon, or the head of onyxia... that stuff.

RP servers don't mandate Role Play. Many times RP guilds will suspend their RP while in a raid just to expedite the raid. Though some prefer to keep /yell and /say /general restricted to RP speach, but /rsay /party would be RP-free so they can explain strats and stuff. On farmed content... I think it would be fun to RP a bit from time to time (within the context of WoW... you bunch of sickos).

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Damn Immer, have a taste of the "little water" early in the morning today? you've misspelled a few things in your posts...which seem out-of-ordinary.

Cat5

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

well... I was thinking more like the Taracgosa Legendary RP event that happens over SW... or the Dalaran event when you kill Algalon, or the head of onyxia... that stuff.

RP servers don't mandate Role Play. Many times RP guilds will suspend their RP while in a raid just to expedite the raid. Though some prefer to keep /yell and /say /general restricted to RP speach, but /rsay /party would be RP-free so they can explain strats and stuff. On farmed content... I think it would be fun to RP a bit from time to time (within the context of WoW... you bunch of sickos).

You'd be straight to Goldshire on the Moonglade server

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

You'd be straight to Goldshire on the Moonglade server

No clue what that meant... but no... ERP is not my thing.

Cat5

Cat5

Mine either, but I have a slight curiosity about it. I'd be more put off by the fact the women are probably teenage boys.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

No, I think the teenage boys are probably out enjoying the real things. I'd go higher in my age speculation. Think fat greasy unemployed middle aged (or older) men. The ones who aren't able to enjoy the real deal anymore so have to resort to the online ERP.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Carpie:

No, I think the teenage boys are probably out enjoying the real things. I'd go higher in my age speculation. Think fat greasy unemployed middle aged (or older) men. The ones who aren't able to enjoy the real deal anymore so have to resort to the online ERP.

Your right. The teenage boys will be Skyping hot girls.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Is that what they call it nowadays?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

Is that what they call it nowadays?

I think that's when they use skype to get more views of each other, helps them with the karma sutra.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad

said by DarkLogix:

..helps them with the karma sutra.

So, "karma sutra"... is that when you only get the amount of sex that your good and bad deeds have earned you??