spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JasonNunez

@rr.com

[TWC] Lost Analog NYC

I have a cable box with TWC in NYC Queens but to get Picture in Picture mode, the TWC technician split my cable going to the cable box and connected it to the TV. Until today I would get analog and some digital channels. Pretty spot on with what »www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/li···_9885803

this stated. Today, I did a rescan and all my analog channels are static and I'm not picking up any digital channels. I can manually pick up digital channels by entering the numbers using the above site but I've noticed in the last week I've slowly lost all of the 100- channels which I didn't use because they changed to much.
I got a letter about the loss of analog in Queens and was wondering if this was it, I spoke to a rep who told me to pick up a DTV box but I also heard, If i have a qam set with a cable box, I'll still get all my digital channels. I used to get some cable channels such as ESPN but knowing qam, I know they come and go. What I really care for is the local broadcast channels. Anyone know if this change will mean the end for my set up

Before I get any comments of "stealing cable", I have a Cisco box which is great, the tech who came out set it up so I could use the PIP functionality and view my apartments entrance cameras.