uniqs

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to Melissa2009B

MVM

to Melissa2009B

Re: [Connectivity] Alternative to Comncast? I'm furious!

I doubt another provider will be able to improve the wireless part of your service, and if that is where the bulk of your difficulties lie, you should reconsider running ethernet or relocate the gateway to a more centralized, more favorable location within your home.

You may want to consider not mentioning that you are using the service for business purposes. It has no bearing on your problems or any potential solutions.

Good luck.
Melissa2009B
join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B

said by graysonf:

I doubt another provider will be able to improve the wireless part of your service, and if that is where the bulk of your difficulties lie, you should reconsider running ethernet or relocate the gateway to a more centralized, more favorable location within your home.

You're assuming that Comcast's "blame the customer first" strategy is accurate. It's not. We've had perfect wireless functionality for months at a time, then it does this intermittent thing, on and off, with no changes to the wireless equipment.

I wish someone could actually help me here, without sounding like they work for Comcast and are taking their side and blaming the customer.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I'm not blaming you, but nothing you have said here indicates that you are completely certain that it's Comcast's fault.

You need to be willing to do your own debugging and diagnostics too. Nobody here can do that for you.

If I were you I would plug a phone into the gateway and also a PC via ethernet. Then when you are having problems elsewhere, go to the gateway and see if the phone and PC work there. If they don't, you have a problem with the gateway, a problem with the coax cable providing your services, or Comcast is having a problem in their plant further upstream.

That's the best I can do for you, take it or leave it.