uniqs

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua

Premium Member

[Rant] United Airlines frequent flyer miles

It was very nice of United to remind me that I need to fly with them or do business with one of their partners or my earned miles would be forfeited.

WTF is this? Just when you thought that Continental Airlines was a poor airline, they merge with another crappy airline and get even worse.

NS4683
join:2000-08-25
NJ

NS4683

I just got that email, too. Continental miles never expired but now United only gives you 18 months with no activity. Oh well. I don't have that many, like 40k. I wonder if I can get anything with that.

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium Member
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

alg to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
If you have no plans to fly, rent a car, or book a hotel room and wish to keep the miles then go here »www.ftd.com/united36/ and send your mom/wife/significant other some flowers and reset the timer on your account in the process.

SychoSly
Scoot the World
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
Mount Prospect, IL

SychoSly to NS4683

Premium Member

to NS4683
said by NS4683:

I just got that email, too. Continental miles never expired but now United only gives you 18 months with no activity. Oh well. I don't have that many, like 40k. I wonder if I can get anything with that.

You can get a round trip ticket to Hawaii. Those miles have value and it is easy to get activity on the account to gain more.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to jjoshua

MVM

to jjoshua
Frequent flier miles are useless (and I have 100K+ miles) - they have been continually cheapened and with very few actual seats available. I don't worry about losing them - I will likely never use them.

expire
@ikbcc.com

expire to jjoshua

Anon

to jjoshua
I'm pretty sure all the miles I earn through American Airlines and other OneWorld Alliance members expire after 24 months no matter what.