Poll
Which will be your first purchase?

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghost

Both

Neither

Votes:29

Which game are you going to purchase?

I will probably get BF4 before CoD. BF has that slightly more realastic feeling to it, but damn if scorestreaks arent fun as hell.

I went from LvL 51 normal to level 17 Prestige 3 in CoD this weekend from the Double XP and have had my CoD fill for quite awhile now. I purchased CoD about 4 weeks ago, last weekend was my first "crackout" weekend on it.

Anywho, what are you guys thinking?
--
Savious like Savior

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21

There isn't any meaningful comparison to be made. Call of Duty will be the same old Call of Duty and Battlefield will be the same old Battlefield.

I won't be getting either because shooters are really boring to me these days.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
reply to Savious

I think I will wait and see which has less hate posts about poor matchmaking and lag compensation.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Savious

all the COD/Battlefield type games have become a shit-fest.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Savious

Not a big fan of these types of games, but I bought BF3 and COD Blops II and thought BF3 was the better game overall. I'm not sure I'll get either one next time around though.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Savious

I disagree on the statement that BF will be the same old BF. The difference between BF: Bad Company and Battlefield 3 were huge. Tons more vehicles were introduced, the changes to the classes and the game modes, bigger maps etc...

However, I have played every CoD since Modern Warfare 1, some more than others, and always feel like I am playing the same game. Thats not always a bad thing, as the game is still fun and the little tweaks here and there keep it interesting.

I mean, Counter-Strike never really changed over the course of the 5+ years that I played it, starting in 1998(9?), but that didnt mean I didnt by CS: Source and whatever the other one was that came out for sale.
--
Savious like Savior

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21

Bad Company is a different sub-series. BF4 will be a slight step up from BF3.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Savious

How about whichever actually has a campaign worth a damn?

I only bought into CoD4 because it had a particularly quality campaign. Yes, it was on the short side, but it was really good, long enough, and didn't abuse certain tropes...

None of the Battlefields have really had a story/campaign worth mentioning, considering none of the reviews ever bring it up.

If none can provide a satisfying campaign (certainly one worth MSRP), I don't see any reason to pick them up.

Since CoD4, Call of Duty has gone from a series that was worth picking up on release to not even worth pirating because I'd rather use my download space and time on something else. And considering that Activision can't even see the irony of touting it as "an all new IP" during the Xbox One reveal, I have little faith that they're going to get anything right again.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

papabri

join:2009-11-11
Guelph, ON
reply to Savious

BF4, only because I personally don't enjoy COD. I found BF4 has a bigger emphasis on playing as a team. BF3 had a lot of faults that I'm hoping Dice fixes in BF4, but I'm not holding my breath. Bullet hit detection plus jets that could only be brought down by other ace pilots both need to be fixed.

SixSpeed

join:2001-12-24
USA
reply to beavercable

said by beavercable:

I think I will wait and see which has less hate posts about poor matchmaking and lag compensation.

There is absolutely no reason to believe Activision or the developers can or even want to do anything about the lag issues in the COD series of games.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

I havent had any lag issues in Black OPS 2. What are you refering to?

Is it console lag or internet lag? I installed the game directly to my HD, and have a 30Mb internet connection. I usually end up the host, but when I am not I usually get no worse than 3 bar connections.
--
Savious like Savior

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Savious

Each of these games are good for different reasons.

If I want to play as a team on a huge map, the I go with BF4. If I want cheesy arcade like gameplay, where I can choose perks to reload my gun faster than others, I will choose Call of Duty. COD is not a teamwork like game really. BF4 is much more so.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

It all depends on what style of play you want. COD got to be the same old crap as far as online play. And since it uses P2P connections there is plenty of lag as every game got progressively worse year after year. Also, too many shit talkers on COD but thank god for party chat. If you want to run around just killing people with no tactics play COD. If you like vehicles, big maps, BF is the way to go. But don't get me wrong, there are some idiots on the BF games also. People say it is a game for teamwork. Not always when half your team does not tackle the objectives.

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

I havent had any lag issues in Black OPS 2. What are you refering to?

Is it console lag or internet lag? I installed the game directly to my HD, and have a 30Mb internet connection. I usually end up the host, but when I am not I usually get no worse than 3 bar connections.

Either your very lucky or just oblivious to the lag. If you host alot then you will not see it hence host advantage. Al least with BF if you lag it is more you than the dedicated servers. But that is all suppose to change now with COD using MS dedicated servers. I always install all my games, have a very good low latency connection, and COD:BO2 was horrible with the connections.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to Savious

BF4 because I want team play but that depends on getting on the right server as well.