uniqs

PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN

Premium Member

Re: Migration Time..!! Office365 / Google Apps

This is really a tough one... Feed back here and other places ranges from a 10/10 to 1/10.

Given our current SLA, it was mentioned we can get each office 365 at 40% off. But this might be a high price to pay at the end given all the issues mentioned.

donoreo See Profile did you move from hosted or in-premises exchange?

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k

Premium Member

I don't think you will ever get a straight answer on whether you should or shouldn't migrate. There are always going to be people that had no issues and its great and then there will be others that have nothing but issues and hate it. Any platform is going to have its share of issues.

Mellow
Premium Member
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
Not sure if the new snowden release on MS sharing data from outlook.com to the NSA has an impact on your decision making or not, something to think about.

I guess really the NSA is going to get data from whoever you host with one way or another.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Badger3k

MVM

to Badger3k
said by Badger3k:

I don't think you will ever get a straight answer on whether you should or shouldn't migrate. There are always going to be people that had no issues and its great and then there will be others that have nothing but issues and hate it. Any platform is going to have its share of issues.

This right here. It doesn't matter if you go with Microsoft Exchange in house, Office 365, or Google Apps. There are going to be people who love the service or hate it. I just don't have anything negative about each of these services.

We moved from an on-premise exchange environment.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
Hearing on pretty good authority that Lowes Home Improvement moved about 10k mailboxes to O365 and very quickly retreated from it.

The chief complaint was constant connection issues.

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
I just migrated over 100 accounts (our internal) to Office 365 last Thursday night. It wasn't Exchange yet, just moving from our internal Lync 2010 server to Lync Online. Had more issues with people not know how to install Office 2013 than anything migration related. What few issues that did come up were client side issues.

PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN

Premium Member

I am still waiting on quotes. As per my MS licensing guy, we are supposed to get 60% off since we just renewed our VLA. It is still gonna be at least $1200 per month. A waste in my opinion since we have no issues with our in house email system.

I'll have to make sure that we are not getting locked into the full term of the renewed VLA if go with the discounted rate. I dont want to be stock 3 years with connection issues and users calling it about it.

Mellow
Premium Member
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
Remote user called in to report he could not get emails from 365 last week, turns out his comcast connection was down.

Seriously, this is the connection issues we have faced with 365.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
said by PToN:

This is really a tough one... Feed back here and other places ranges from a 10/10 to 1/10.

Given our current SLA, it was mentioned we can get each office 365 at 40% off. But this might be a high price to pay at the end given all the issues mentioned.

donoreo See Profile did you move from hosted or in-premises exchange?

Sorry missed your question. In-premise exchange.
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to Mellow

to Mellow
You're lucky then. We've had remote users in 20 different offices get disconnected all at the same time, for hours on end. It's still happening too, just not as often. Combine that with *NO* phone support that's worth a crap, and I can't believe this product is selling.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

1 recommendation

donoreo

Premium Member

said by rugby:

You're lucky then. We've had remote users in 20 different offices get disconnected all at the same time, for hours on end. It's still happening too, just not as often. Combine that with *NO* phone support that's worth a crap, and I can't believe this product is selling.

It is from Microsoft. Some IT departments will blindly buy from them. First it was "No one ever got fired buying IBM" then it became "No one ever got fired buying Microsoft". It is also a case of some people only know one thing.

Mellow
Premium Member
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
»www.testexchangeconnecti ··· ity.com/