spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nosignuplink
@qwest.net

nosignuplink

Anon

[ID] Need help finding alternitve to CenturyLINK

I need to find an alternative ISP to CenturyLINK, where I live they have oversold to the extreme that in order for the privilege to pay for their internet you need to signup on a waiting list, wait over a year and if you are lucky then you can sign a contract for 256K dsl...

The only way to have access to pay for a higher speed is if you had that before they oversold and stopped offering it. so the internet costs about 70$/Month for 7Mbps and I never see more than 3.5Mbps I get 3Mpbs IF i am lucky.

The only other "ISP (DirectCOM)" I know of...SCAM and lie, I know because A friend of mine tried their "service" which supposedly has a "30 day no charge cancel" time frame. Got the service installed it never worked and was told on the first call less then 1 week later that they were under contract and could not cancel at all. He thought about called back the next day and offered to pay the cancellation fee and the first months bill, but DirectCOM still would not allow it. then DirectCOM sued him for nonpayment of a service that never worked and was never used. Now he has to pay around 1000$ for something that never worked, was never used, and had a "30 day no charge cancel" time frame.

"30 day no charge cancel" time frame, by that i mean a period where you would only have to pay for the service "used" to date.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

You may also want to post where you live.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to nosignuplink

Premium Member

to nosignuplink
said by nosignuplink :

... A friend of mine tried their "service" which supposedly has a "30 day no charge cancel" time frame. Got the service installed it never worked and was told on the first call less then 1 week later that they were under contract and could not cancel at all. He thought about called back the next day and offered to pay the cancellation fee and the first months bill, but DirectCOM still would not allow it. then DirectCOM sued him for nonpayment of a service that never worked and was never used. Now he has to pay around 1000$ for something that never worked, was never used, and had a "30 day no charge cancel" time frame.

Your friend should have gone to the State Attorney generals office (this assumes you are in WA, as aurgathor See Profile said a location helps a lot)
As you would NOT be required to pay for a service or product that was not as described.
Also is cable a possibility in your location?

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to nosignuplink

Mod

to nosignuplink
The [ID] tag in front of his subject suggests to me he is in Idaho, guys.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Idaho is not a small state, and what one can find, say, in Coeur d'Alene could be different from Boise or from Pocatello.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

True.
chevyowner
join:2013-07-04
Preston, ID

1 edit

chevyowner to nosignuplink

to nosignuplink
Forgot about this, sorry.
The only two ISPs I am aware of are Century Link, and DirectCOM.
Yes Cable internet is available, but only though DirectCOM
And DSL is only available with Century Link.

MMORPGs are played with this internet connection.

My zip code is 83263.

UPDATE:
Comcast Claims to be available, but every time I try that they tell me "we need to send a truck out and check for serviceability", or flat out saying it is not available. They have been doing that for over 18 months.

How can you tell how far away from the CO your are? When DSL is concerned.
chevyowner

chevyowner

Dead Website?

I guess I am stuck with Century Link.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to nosignuplink

to nosignuplink

Re: [ID] Need help finding alternitve to CenturyLINK

Hey Nosignuplink, I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated. If you will email TalkToUs@Centurylink.com your account info, contact number, and physical address, we can take a look at this and get in touch with local planning/construction to see what options are in the works or help push things along.

»bit.ly/TALKTOUS or TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Thanks,
Rich
Centurylink Help Team
chevyowner
join:2013-07-04
Preston, ID

chevyowner to nosignuplink

to nosignuplink
It does not look like anyone has noticed, but I posted this. I used nosignuplink because the sign up link is not in any place I would expect to find it, and could not find it when posting the op.

While I am waiting for a reply from centurylink, I would like to add that someone I know works for centurylink and about a year ago said that it would be at least 2 years before anything was done to remedy the internet problems they have here. And in the meantime they keep getting worse.
chevyowner

1 edit

chevyowner to aurgathor

to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

Idaho is not a small state, and what one can find, say, in Coeur d'Alene could be different from Boise or from Pocatello.

I know and unfortunately most ISP's don't go father south then Pocatello, and none head north from Utah.

EDIT: To give an example of how rural this area is IF you have watched Napoleon Dynamite (although I do not recommend it) then you have seen the area. And yes Big J's Is real, but they do not use the building in the movie anymore.
Expand your moderator at work