Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 edit

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Re: Thinking about all of you in the middle of this heat wave

On PBS they are talking about the change in the climate such that the entire west is in a prolonged drought and that winter snows are melting much earlier in the year in Colorado making forests much drier. The firefighting expert said there has been a significant flow of home building in forests in recent years further exposing the forests to a greater likelihood for wildfires. He cited the changes due to more arcing power lines where there weren't any before and the refusal of doing pre-emptive burns to control things, amongst a number of other issues to do with the increase in wildfires.

It is very sad what happened in AZ, the loss of lives. I've been out there and the forests are breathtaking there, but maybe we shouldn't be populating such places as we are, I don't know, I need more information on the issue, but this prolonged drought is really worrisome. I hope when fall comes some good rain comes!
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

Just one fire out west is the Silver Fire. We have friends and wife's family all over the Gila area.
Official Gila Forest Flicker stream:
»www.flickr.com/photos/gi ··· 1/Silver Fire
Official Silver Fire Facebook page:
»www.facebook.com/SilverFireNM

The AZ fire was local to us and hit home even harder after monitoring the fire in NM as friends and family there with some fighting the NM fire.
Prayers to all the firefighters and their families and friends. Monsoon is trying to move in but not expecting much unfortunately.