All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Melissa2009B
join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B to spud3

to spud3

Re: [Connectivity] Alternative to Comncast? I'm furious!

said by spud3:

said by Melissa2009B:

There ARE no wired connections. Comcast set up the whole deal about 9 mo ago. Their cable comes into a high up shelf in the kitchen (for best wireless coverage, I put up a wood shelf)

Like near the microwave oven up high near the fluorescent light
You really need at least 1 wired connection
For a test a Barrel Connector some coax and move it to one end of the house and see what happens microwave ovens, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, wireless video cameras, outdoor microwave links, wireless game controllers, Zigbee devices, fluorescent lights, WiMAX, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.
At 25 feet from the AP or client, a microwave oven was found to degrade data throughput by 64 percent and an analog phone and video camera both degraded throughput by 100 percent (in other words, no ability to connect). it is no longer obvious what might be a source of interference-wireless links are now embedded in watches, shoes, MP3 players,A new breed of hybrid motion detectors uses a combination of passive infrared sensor (PIR) and 2.4-GHz radar to detect motion. Jupiter Research reports 67 percent of all residential Wi-Fi problems are linked to interfering devices,
I was just at a friends house his Wireless was next to the baby monitor And I think him and everyone in the trailer park was on channel 1

Cool theory but the kitchen lights and microwave haven't been on when this is happening. But I suppose it could be other local interference. Looks like we should just hire someone to run ether net cables to all 4 devices in all the rooms, then at least Comcast wouldn't have any more excuses.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Melissa2009B:

Looks like we should just hire someone to run ether net cables to all 4 devices in all the rooms, then at least Comcast wouldn't have any more excuses.

ding ding ding ding...

ohh....pleasee do that....hire somebody...

I would disregard all other suggested solutions...run that wire and get it to work...people have been telling you this!

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee to Melissa2009B

Premium Member

to Melissa2009B
Why can't you temporarily hard wire one computer or laptop? Just to rule out wireless issues. Without doing that one simple thing you will only be frustrating and negating any help you can get here.