Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Re: Star Citizen

Have they announced a release date?

Tigerlord, since you exceeded the pledge amount, it looks like you can get the top tier ship?

I wonder how many ships we can pick up.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

Have they announced a release date?

Tigerlord, since you exceeded the pledge amount, it looks like you can get the top tier ship?

I wonder how many ships we can pick up.

You can get as many as you can, right now I have the $55 for the 300i in the video above, I want to bump it to the 110 one which loots nicer.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Exodus

to Exodus
I have a Vanduul fighter, an Origin M50, a Freelancer and a Constellation.

Afaik the vandul and m50 are no longer available, but the rest is up for grabs still.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Let me know if you need help managing your fleet.

Kaltes
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

Kaltes to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Click for full size
said by TigerLord:

I have a Vanduul fighter, an Origin M50, a Freelancer and a Constellation.

Afaik the vandul and m50 are no longer available, but the rest is up for grabs still.

What are you going to do with all those ships? Did this game turn into a tactical RTS when I wasn't looking?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Did you ever play Freelancer, StarLancer, any of the WC games, EVE Online, the X series? Different classes of ships, different playstyles, different roles.

Kaltes
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

Kaltes

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

Did you ever play Freelancer, StarLancer, any of the WC games, EVE Online, the X series? Different classes of ships, different playstyles, different roles.

I played the WC games and Privateer, and in those games there was a progression where you moved up into better ships.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that Roberts is going to be selling a capital ship with some kind of tactical interface to command your other ships, so if you take that at face value, doesn't that mean that you could have all your ships out at once and be controlling them remotely?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by Kaltes:

I think I remember seeing somewhere that Roberts is going to be selling a capital ship with some kind of tactical interface to command your other ships, so if you take that at face value, doesn't that mean that you could have all your ships out at once and be controlling them remotely?

Remote control has been brought up (to mimic the X series), but it'll also be possible to have friends pilot your ships.

The real reason I got all of these is because I am an early original backer and I get lifetime insurance on all these ships, which means I will never have to grind credits to replace them should I lose them.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Freelancer was one of the best games I've ever played, the modding community was great on keeping it alive. That is why I am so excited to support this game and to see the end result.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I really missed the boat on all the spacey games. I think I was in college or on a mac or something.

Back then, Freespace was an atrocity to me because it wasn't the first two Descents I knew by heart and loved like a soulmate. And it was Windows only, IIRC.

I own X3 but haven't been able to really get into it.