Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to navymaverick

Re: [Money] In game store?

said by navymaverick:

LotRO (Turbine) is both F2P and Sub.

Having both F2P and Sub "premium" is a viable option. However, having subscription and subscription "extra" is not. I guess that's what I mean by an MMO not being able to be both F2P and subscription.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

Even if lesser charms were available for real money, they are so easy to get otherwise it wouldn't be remotely mandatory... therefore, no need to conflate an F2P ultimatum.

I didn't say that lesser charms were/weren't easy. I was saying that it's buying (even easily) obtainable gear. The impact it will have is debatable, but it's still a mechanic from a F2P model.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Goldheart
This will be the way most, if not all, future online games will be. Get use to it.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
Followed shortly after by the following:

Free Lesser Charms this weekend only!!!

For this weekend only, Blizzard is giving away 50 lesser charms as a free trial offer.

Valid credit card number must be provided at the time of checkout. There will be a small $5 fee charged against the card to validate the legitimacy of the card. This $5 is in no way related to the purchase of lesser charms; We said those were free. Read it again if you need to. If after 15 days, you have not personally visited the CFO of Blizzard on a Thursday between 6:00am - 6:15am PST on a cloudless day to provide written notice of cancellation, you will be enrolled in our weekly program to receive 50 lesser charms each week at a rate of $69.95/month. Please allow 280 days of processing the cancellation request from the time of said visit.
--
Absölution -- 6/6 MSV, 4/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 3/12 ToT
Pride and Ego -- 6/6 MSV 1/6H, 6/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 2/12 ToT
CTR Azuregos -- 12/12 ToT

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium
join:2001-08-29
way way out
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Thaler
said by Thaler:

said by navymaverick:

LotRO (Turbine) is both F2P and Sub.

Having both F2P and Sub "premium" is a viable option. However, having subscription and subscription "extra" is not. I guess that's what I mean by an MMO not being able to be both F2P and subscription.

F2P will eventually be the lifeblood of wow...in my opinion. Who knows when it will happen but I expect wow to eventually go the way of diablo and they are not going to pay to support a dead-ish game the way they did diablo. they want some revenue coming in. then you can always upgrade for 20 dollars a month to WOW2
--
NO U