how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pasjmb1

join:2009-11-11
Burbank, CA

100 meg dow to 10 meg at night

I have the 100meg package (internet only) and it's always full speed in the morning and a crawling 10 meg at night..
I'm in Burbank CA..
I have a SB 6120 (with excellent signal)
38 dB 37 dB 37 dB 38 dB
-2 dBmV -1 dBmV -2 dBmV -3 dBmV

and router E3000 with latest tomato (viteck)
same rig accessing charter on the morning and at night..
really frustrating..
Is this a node congestion?
Thanks

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

Sounds like it. Especially if by "night" you are referring to prime time hours (7-11pm local time).
--
Google is your Friend

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
reply to Pasjmb1

Definitely sounds like a capacity issue and Charter will not be quick to fix it.

Pasjmb1

join:2009-11-11
Burbank, CA

said by KoRnGtL15:

Definitely sounds like a capacity issue and Charter will not be quick to fix it.

That what I thought.. with Charter Direct gone, it's hours on the phone wasted. trying to prove capacity overload..
maybe I will try once.. or go to the 30 meg option.

Ryan818

join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

I am on the 30/4 plan after dropping from 100/5 about a year ago. Just for reference my neighborhood in Medford, OR, has been experiencing major slowdowns at night for close to six months. The bottom line is even with 30/4 plan I don't even get 10% of my advertised speeds from about 5pm-1am. Ping times are around 400 ms during high demand nights. After four tech visits telling me everything looked normal, I filed a BBB complaint with Charter. Charter admitted to the node issue and said they needed to order parts and correct the problem. That was back in March and they keep telling me that the parts have been ordered and are waiting on approval from the engineering end of the company. The bottom line is Charter could care less about the customer. I think their CSR folks and the techs are great, but they have their hands tied. Good luck with your speed issues. My advice is to just keep pestering them and maybe they will admit to the problem.

Lewy

join:2013-04-05

said by Ryan818:

I filed a BBB complaint with Charter.

The BBB isn't going to do anything for you - or for anyone else, for that matter. Your best course of action would be to write a letter to your local government's cable franchise administrator. Then follow-up with an in-person visit. And bring along a few of your friends.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

A BBB complaint will only forward your complaint to the Executive Escalations Department, so your complaint still lies within Charter... The BBB is only the messenger.

said by Lewy:

said by Ryan818:

I filed a BBB complaint with Charter.

The BBB isn't going to do anything for you - or for anyone else, for that matter. Your best course of action would be to write a letter to your local government's cable franchise administrator. Then follow-up with an in-person visit. And bring along a few of your friends.

sittin_tech

join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN
kudos:1

Honestly the best way to get a problem like this resolved is to set up a trouble call every day. Charter cooperate pays close attention to repeat or chronic trouble calls. Also number of trouble calls per node also plays a role. So if you have neighbors or friends in your node, have them set up trouble calls.

Ryan818

join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

They actually replied to my BBB complaint within 24 hours of me sending it in. I talked to an individual in the corporate office over six times in a period of two weeks. She was able to get me in touch with a local engineer who explained how they were going to resolve the issues with the node congestion. The real bottle neck is getting a design approved and the part ordered and installed. They basically couldn't give me a time frame for completion. Calling in and having a technician come out didn't do squat for me. I had 4 different service calls in a period of two weeks and every tech that came out gave me the same response. "all your levels were great, we don't know what is causing the issue as nobody in your neighborhood is having issues" This turned out to be complete BS as the lady in corporate admitted they had huge issues with my node.