Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Energystream

Re: Final Fantasy VII now on Steam

Screw that. I'm getting ALL the achievements!

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to kingdome74
said by kingdome74:

I'd have a tough time believing a HD4000 couldn't play it. I could play World of Warcraft with mine so I would think it would run FF7 with no problems.

The problem with the original EIDOS build of FF VII for PC is that it required all of the listed features to enable Hardware mode to begin with... and in particular, 8-bit stenciling was one such feature... a feature that was since deprecated out of everything starting with the original geForce and Radeon graphics cards. So at that point it was a case of hardware that was too new to run it in full hardware mode.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

join:2013-07-08
MA
reply to Jobbie
Has anyone been playing the beta? Care to give some feedback? I'm curious how you guys like it.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to C0deZer0
So I played this for about 12 hours over the weekend. Got to level 28? Made it just past cosmo canyon. This game is just as good as I remember.

What I find funny is that it has been gone so long, the pixelated low-bit textures is back in and it doesn't seem dated.

Btw I wanted to play around with a save editor. The really good one is BlackChocobo it lets you edit everything in the save file from level, to stats, items, materia, materia level, chocobo's.. really everything.

I recommend against get slash-all (with flash) if you decide to give yourself materia. Seeing everything you go up against and die due to "death" instead of some large damage number is less satisfying.

*Edit - I should also caution, as with any editting of game files create a copy.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
Yeah, I saw you got the Yuffie achievement. I'm further behind, just left Midgar and heading to Kalm.

I plan on playing through normally. I'm grinding here and there to gain AP, stealing items that are difficult to get (got Hardedge at Shinra Inc, but missed the Carbon Bangal), and general leveling. I almost forgot how much I love the story and the characters. Very happy this game was released on Steam.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
Yea i was playing normally until I hit after cosmo canyon. Yuffie Achieve is legit, but i guess editting the saves, gave me a bunch of achieves in a row, lawl.

I had to do the hardedge and carbon bangle farming twice, because: I thought I missed getting in the door to follow Hojo, when really all I had to do was go in the freight elevator

I haven't decided whether I am going to stick to regular progression or say screw it and go god mode, since I can give myself all the command materia and just set my level to 99.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ
reply to Jobbie
Bought it yesterday.. My son was playing Minecraft.. and then got side tracked and spent the rest of the night watching me play FF7.. I really missed the game, i was sad when i couldnt get it running on my new computer. One thing i never did was get Knights Materia. First chance I get i'm breeding Chocobos..

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by aelingil:

Bought it yesterday.. My son was playing Minecraft.. and then got side tracked and spent the rest of the night watching me play FF7..

Ah FF7...this game really has a group draw. When I was first playing people would come over to my apartment and just watch me play for hours. I have a lot of fond memories of this game. Knights of the Round. The endless Chocobo breeding to get that gold. I beat Sephiroth with literally 1 HP left on 1 guy with a physical attack because that's all I had left. Epic.

FFVI (III in the States) also holds a special place for me, maybe moreso than VII. Many a night I played that one until dawn.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
3 or 4? I have both for my DS, but was closer to 4 than 3. Good old Cecil. I played 4 so much when I was younger.....

I'm off to a good start in 7. I missed the Carbon Bangles in the Shinra building, but I was able to get Matra Magic as soon as I left Midgar, as well as the L4 Suicide, Chocobuckle AND Beta from Midgar Zolum. I'm feeling so boss right now. Stole some early damage weapons, and beat the first army at fort condor. Going to try and get early Yuffie befor Junon. Characters at about level 20. Also going to get Aerith's level 4 limit break before she dies. Already well on my way. No cheats.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ
reply to Jobbie
Well that sucks.

I downloaded BlackChocobo.. edited money, went to load the same, and it was deleted.

I moved my original copy back into the save folder, re-opened the game, and it deleted again.

This happened to anyone else?
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
Yes. I do two things to try and prevent this from happening.

1) Start up the launch client (not the game) that appears where you can edit the vfx and keyboard bindings.

2)Then open up the file in Blackchocobo. Use Save As and save over the file. I have tried using save but it doesn't work sometimes.

If that doesn't work, can always just play for real :P

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ

1 edit
I finally got my game back.. i had to start a new game to get a save.. copied everything over and it opened.. once i quit, it deleted it again.. Did it all over again. This time i enabled the cloud save. took my game and saved it to the cloud. Now i have my game there instead of my PC.

I've already closed and re-opened the game, and luckily it is still there. Have not turned off cloud saving yet.. unsure what will happen.

*Edit*
I figured out the way I have to do it now.
1. Open FF7, go to Load Menu -Minimize game afterwards-
2. Open BC, edit game file & save it -Close BC-
3. Go back to game, Load Save
4. Once you load the game it does get deleted the save, however you are already in the game so you can re-save over it.. I've kept my "Clean" game in save1 and my "Edited" game in Save2. So i do not have any issues and have something to re-load if i have more issues.

--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.