Premium Member
join:2000-11-15
Matawan, NJ

1 edit

bobbagels

Premium Member

Re: need Video card advice please

Welp shes in.
Acourding to real temp its idling at 22C (which is a whole 10C lower than the SC GTX 580)

Ran a few MWO games and I'm getting 124 FPS in game. Temp idles at about 28c and maxed out at 63c

I got the latest drivers from Nvidia web site 320.49

heres what I,m thinking

Yes I overclocked this machine. (actually very proud of that,lol, I discovered off set voltages. Played with it for 3 weeks and got it to work perfect at 4.5 GHz) (god forbid I lose that bios profile

But, I have never overclocked a GPU before. Never had to.
Thats why I bought this SC GTX 780. Figured its already super clocked, no? (should be plenty for me I think)

Should I install anything from the EVGA site? I see precision X and stuff there, like I said I'm not really interested in over clocking but will that piece of software tell me temps and fan speeds and stuff in real time?

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible

said by bobbagels:

Ran a few MWO games and I'm getting 124 FPS in game.

(should be plenty for me I think)

Na. MWO really shines at 130FPS. See if you can eek out a few more.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to bobbagels

Premium Member

to bobbagels
Click for full size
said by bobbagels:

Should I install anything from the EVGA site? I see precision X and stuff there, like I said I'm not really interested in over clocking but will that piece of software tell me temps and fan speeds and stuff in real time?

It does show all of that info. Another program I like using for monitoring is GPU-Z. Here's a screenshot of both running.

PrecisionX is based off of RivaTuner, so if you've used that before, you'll notice many similarities once you start digging through the menus.