dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger

VMedia launches Premium Basic Plus. Finally!

I am very pleased to let you know that VMedia has launched our Premium Basic Plus package. It includes all of our over 40 Basic channels as well as an additional 16 must-have channels including SportsnetHD, SportsnetOneHD, DiscoveryHD, AMCHD, CNN, A&EHD, Turner Classic Movies(TCM), BravoHD, SHOWCASEHD and MUCHMUsicHD. In all, our Premium Basic Plus includes over 40 HD channels - no equipment upgrades or upcharges at all.

More details are available on our blog at www.vmedia.ca/blog.

Our UCHoose Store will be open for business next week, details to follow.
Garneac
join:2011-05-01
Brampton, ON

1 edit

Garneac

Awesome. Very, very awesome.

And my VBox was delivered this morning, too, before I headed out to school.

Can't wait until our service is up and running. Keep up the great stuff!
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Now i have to think Long and hard about who gets My bussiness I love My Current provider but you offer Unlimited cheaper, than there limited and with This Basic Plus thats even more tempting

HenryA
join:2011-05-28

HenryA to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
WOO HOO.

I saw this in my email folder today. I signed up on the 18th of June and should be switched over this month. This keeps getting better. Hopefully, we'll see the individual packages come on line soon. I'm looking forward to watching Discovery again.

Thanks GB and Vmedia. Nice little perk.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
Is there a eta for this to come to Quebec?

Or is it not happening at all?

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins

said by Dunlop:

For it to fly in quebec, RDS absolutely must be included in a regular package. (RDS broadcasts ALL Habs' games.)
I get that Ontario may be an easier market, but faster cable from you guys would make you more attractive too. Just some tidbits to ponder...

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by Rickkins:

said by Dunlop:

RDS broadcasts ALL Habs' games.)

So that means we should get a huge discount for being forced to watch them then?
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to Rickkins

to Rickkins
said by Rickkins:

said by Dunlop:

For it to fly in quebec, RDS absolutely must be included in a regular package. (RDS broadcasts ALL Habs' games.)
I get that Ontario may be an easier market, but faster cable from you guys would make you more attractive too. Just some tidbits to ponder...

This kinda of thinking is why tv is So expensive, Not everyone watches the canadiens or hockey or sports, WHy not leave the basic Package Basic and if you want Sports You pay to add it? alacarte? thus Basic is BASIC

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins

said by morisato:

This kinda of thinking is why tv is So expensive, Not everyone watches the canadiens or hockey or sports, WHy not leave the basic Package Basic and if you want Sports You pay to add it? alacarte? thus Basic is BASIC

Er, quite the opposite. Having TSN on Premium Basic Plus(the title of this thread) and having RDS only available at an additional $14. is clearly way more expensive, not to mention it could be construed as insulting in Quebec.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

This service is not available in Quebec, so that's not really a problem. George already said that when they launch in Quebec, the packages will be entirely different because of how cable packages are offered differently here (we have a-la-carte from Bell and Videotron, Ontario doesn't).

It would be relatively rare for somebody in Ontario to order RDS, so it makes sense that it would cost more in Ontario...
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
Interesting when it does arrive here, but I see there is no PVR functionality yet so that is pretty much a deal breaker for me anyways ; )

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to GeorgeBurger

MVM

to GeorgeBurger
It's possible they might add that as a future firmware update; if the vbox has USB ports, it's probably not very hard to do. After all, PVR doesn't really require much CPU usage because you don't do any encoding, you just store the raw video stream to disk.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

Still no way to get just TV without ordering Internet, eh? Deal breaker, I'm afraid...

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to GeorgeBurger

MVM

to GeorgeBurger
Sadly that's an arbitrary CRTC restriction. The hope is that their upcoming investigation of changes to the broadcast landscape will improve that.