spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yuriynet

@dslextreme.com

[Fusion] Ordred Fusion, the Comtrend doesn't play well with my r

I ordered the new Fusion got the new modem Comtrend CT5072-T, plugged it in, have internet. However, it disconnects my internet after a few hours, a few times a day. I can get it back after restarting my Linksys BEFW11S4 router.

My setup is like this:

Comtrend is connected to a hub, I have 2 routers connected to the hub. My Linksys router drops my internet a few times a day, but the other router works fine.

I have had this setup for over 8 years. It has all been working fine with the current dsl extreme modem by D-Link.

I'm not sure how to fix this. Latest firmware on the Linksys.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

Re: [Fusion] Ordred Fusion, the Comtrend doesn't play well with

One router works, another does not; and you determined this is a modem fault?

I used to have a Linksys BEFSR-11 which acted the same as your BEFW11S4. I replaced it.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

yuriynet

@dslextreme.com
Of course the easy solution is to say "replace" one of the things that's acting up. I always assume the new thing is the cause of the problem, since previously everything was working prior to its introduction.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
reply to yuriynet
Hi yuriynet -

If you connect the D-Link modem that you had been using to the line on the new connection does the issue persist? If not I would recommend continuing to use the D-Link modem. Both are ADSL2+ compatible modems and very similar in specs so if the D-Link "plays nicer" with your router continuing to use that would be the best bet.

Thanks,
George
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

yuriynet

@dslextreme.com
Thanks George. The D-Link modem has had no problems.

Any word on when my line will be upgraded and what kind of speeds do you think I can expect?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
I checked your account and the scheduled upgrade date is 7/9.

yuriynet

@sonic.net
So, I packed up the Comtrend and going to send it back.

My internet situation is I'm getting 9mbps. Which is kinda sad, considering I'm paying for 20.

I wish you guys were more honest with expected speeds, future customers will most likely be disappointed when they expect 15-20 and end up getting 1/3 of that. I guess that's why you guys give 30 day money back guarantee right?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by yuriynet :

My internet situation is I'm getting 9mbps. Which is kinda sad, considering I'm paying for 20.

I have Sonic.net Fusion on two locations, at the moment. Fusion is not a tiered service; the modem and DSLAM negotiate the best speed for the loop. I get 4.9 M on one account, and 14.0 M on the other. Service is offered "up to 20 Mbps".

Here is a discussion from the Sonic.net forum:

»I feel like I'm subsidizing other customers

Frankly, if Sonic.net and DSLX were to offer Fusion as a tiered service, I'd probably only be getting 3.0 M and 12.0 M, respectively; and paying $40 for the faster tier. Based on ISP rates for tiered services.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum