uniqs
share rss forum feed

madrhino

join:2004-07-03
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

[Connectivity] What a nightmare

I switched from Verizon a few months ago due to Verizon's disgusting lack of customer service.

Comcast is even worse.2 nights in a row on a 4 day holiday weekend my service has gone out.At least you can reach somebody who can almost speak English and "apologizes for the inconvenience",but offers no explanation.
It's time to get this under government control like most countries.These companies are allowed to provide such shoddy service why exactly?Who are they paying off to be allowed to do this?
If I hadn't taught my elderly Father how to use the Internet,I would say "eff this" and do without,truly.
They're all just a bunch of snake oil selling,ripoff companies.

Than God I have a free county provided backup dialup,or I wouldn't even be able to rant.

Another slap in the face is that when you call and before you get get an almost English speaking person,you are advised via recording to check their website for more information,while their service is down!!

Steaming here!!!
--
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2

said by madrhino:

It's time to get this under government control like most countries.

LOL.

What organization should manage it, the post office?

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to madrhino

Sorry that you have had bad luck. I have called Comcast CS a number of times over the past couple of years. Ocassionally, the person I reached was unable to help, more often than not, they were. At any rate, I have never failed to get any issues resolved.

However, if you are somehow of the belief that direct govt. control of internet access in the US would be better, truly you have little understanding of how govt. agancies work...

I have little concern whether English is the CS rep's native language or not...I don't call CS to enter discussions about English Literature or pass the time of day...there are good and bad CS reps regardless of nationality...
--
Deeds, not words

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to madrhino

There are already controls on Comcast via Franchise Authority.

One that recently took action is Seattle-
»consumerist.com/2013/06/25/seatt···service/
Seattle Fines Comcast — Twice — For Being So Bad At Customer Service

Years ago, one in Portland, became active and made Comcast toe the line on some issues.

I would venture to say, most do not know who the Franchise Authority is for their service area, though all the bills I have seen in different areas and States, list it. I would also say that few take their complaints to the Franchise Authority. Or would take the time to find out when the meetings are, much less attend one.

On the national level we have the FCC, but all I read about it and those associated with it, it is almost a joke agency.

And I am just a customer.

Suggest you copy and paste your rant in your favorite document program, clean it up and mail it to your Franchise Authority. You will get more mileage.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to madrhino

said by madrhino:

Comcast is even worse.2 nights in a row on a 4 day holiday weekend my service has gone out.At least you can reach somebody who can almost speak English and "apologizes for the inconvenience",but offers no explanation....

I'm sure that's not how they would like your service to work, but sometimes things happen beyond their control and the CSR has no access/knowledge of the cause.
Perhaps if you post all this info, »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!
back in this thread we can help.
Be patient, we are volunteers and get no money or special inside info, but have learned over time how to evaluate the requested info, and can quite often help a poster get things fixed/learn who to ask.