All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

help_plz
@comcast.net

help_plz to help_plz

Anon

to help_plz

Re: Newest firmware for Arris TG852G, BUGGY!

So nobody really knows anything else huh?

Update:
Finally got around to calling Comcast support about disabling this new second wireless connection. Don't bother calling them for this -- it will just raise your blood pressure to dangerous levels! Nobody in tech support really knows anything yet about this new home hotspot program. First three guys just sent me to Signature Support (aka Purgatory, where support calls go to languish and die). Fourth guy though was actually super helpful, and really went the distance to check on this for me, including calling me back twice after resetting gateway. Thanks Travis!

We ended up just logging into the Comcast Customer Care site and there is an option to disable it, under "My Services" and over on the right underneath the equipment info. Just do it there if you want to disable this on your gateway. I'm still waiting to see that blank SSID disappear. May take 24 hours or so we figured.

Yes got confirmation this new blank SSID is the Xfinity Wifi Home Hotspot.

Here is the Comcast FAQ about this new program:
»www.comcast.com/wifi/nei ··· faqs.htm

Still don't know anything about those wireless key issues.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 recommendation

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by help_plz :

So nobody really knows anything else huh?

Update:
Finally got around to calling Comcast support about disabling this new second wireless connection. Don't bother calling them for this -- it will just raise your blood pressure to dangerous levels! Nobody in tech support really knows anything yet about this new home hotspot program. First three guys just sent me to Signature Support (aka Purgatory, where support calls go to languish and die). Fourth guy though was actually super helpful, and really went the distance to check on this for me, including calling me back twice after resetting gateway. Thanks Travis!

We ended up just logging into the Comcast Customer Care site and there is an option to disable it, under "My Services" and over on the right underneath the equipment info. Just do it there if you want to disable this on your gateway. I'm still waiting to see that blank SSID disappear. May take 24 hours or so we figured.

Yes got confirmation this new blank SSID is the Xfinity Wifi Home Hotspot.

Here is the Comcast FAQ about this new program:
»www.comcast.com/wifi/nei ··· faqs.htm

Still don't know anything about those wireless key issues.

One of my biggest complaints about Comcast is they don't train their CSRs on new products before launching them.

If I see a new product, it seems I know more about it than their reps. And if I call to ask if its been launched in the local area, they know nothing about it.
miami786male
join:2008-06-30
Miami, FL

miami786male to help_plz

to help_plz
Thanks a lot this has helped me...