uniqs
share rss forum feed

MysticGuitar

join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Cogeco Cable

[TV] What ever happened to the Space HD channel offerings?

A while back, it was announced that certain HD channels were being introduced in select areas. I believe this included Space HD and AMC HD.
Those channels were due out on October 4th 2012. Half a year later, and the channels are still absent from the Cogeco lineup.

I just wanted to get some kind of update regarding the status of these channels. It shouldn't take over half a year to release 5 new HD channels, should it?

So, what gives? Where are the channels?

cablesmurfet

join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON
I'm not sure about Space and AMC in HD, but I have noticed that on the Cogeco website it says that Treehouse, CTV Newschannel, and CP24 are available in HD on the Basic Package. However, they are not listed in the I-guide.

JVRudnick

join:2004-01-12
Waterdown, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
Sooo...is there a SpaceHD channel available in Hamilton Burlington areas?

And what is its #? Cause I cant find it in the HD series...

???

Hitman05

join:2003-05-26
SpaceHD is available in Hamilton. In Ancaster, at least, it's CH 829. AMC is not available in HD.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to MysticGuitar
said by MysticGuitar:

A while back, it was announced that certain HD channels were being introduced in select areas. I believe this included Space HD and AMC HD.

I don't think we currently offer AMC HD in any system. Space HD was launched in certain systems (Hamilton being one).

I'm with you on wanting AMC HD though! I love the Walking Dead and the only thing better than Zombies being cut in half with a katana is watching it in High Definition!

Gryphyn

@cgocable.net
reply to MysticGuitar
Space HD is 829 but good luck on actually seeing any HD content since all the Star Trek series wasn't even recorded in HD or most of the SyFy movies. Most TV series for Space aren't recorded in HD as well. So when you go to the station they just blow it up to fit the screen.

JVRudnick

Waterdown, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
I am in Waterdown - part of Hamlton - and 829 is NOT even on my channel guide???

Why might that be?

Anyone???

MysticGuitar

join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Cogeco_Aaron
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

said by MysticGuitar:

I don't think we currently offer AMC HD in any system. Space HD was launched in certain systems (Hamilton being one).

You're right about AMC HD. Guess I misread the original announcement.
However, the Hamilton system (which I am technically a part of, being in Waterdown) does not have the Space HD channel on 829.
When entering 829, it automatically goes to Aux HD, which is channel 884.

I know Waterdown isn't the biggest of places, but considering how we are a part of Hamilton, and have been since 2001, I kind of expected to have the same channel lineup.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
said by MysticGuitar:

I know Waterdown isn't the biggest of places, but considering how we are a part of Hamilton, and have been since 2001, I kind of expected to have the same channel lineup.

said by JVRudnick:

I am in Waterdown - part of Hamlton - and 829 is NOT even on my channel guide???

The layout of our system isn't based on municipal amalgamations.

Waterdown shares a similar channel map to Burlington, which is why Space HD is currently not available there.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
reply to MysticGuitar
said by MysticGuitar:

I just wanted to get some kind of update regarding the status of these channels. It shouldn't take over half a year to release 5 new HD channels, should it

I just got informed that there are some system changes going through in about 2 weeks which should please you

JVRudnick

Waterdown, ON
does that mean that us Waterdown folks WILL get spaceHD ???

tedh

join:2001-01-11
Burlington, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
Does that mean system changes for Burlington as well (since you said we share similar channel map)? That would be awesome.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Cogeco_Aaron
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

The layout of our system isn't based on municipal amalgamations.

Hamilton and the surrounding area is special. I'm not exactly sure how the area was divvied up years ago. I think at one time there were 4 cable carriers in the area. One on the mountain. One central Hamilton and bits of the mountain. One east Hamilton and one west Hamilton. But it's a dog's breakfast, notwithstanding Burlington.

Things will change once Rogers completes the Cogeco acquisition.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
reply to tedh
said by tedh:

Does that mean system changes for Burlington as well (since you said we share similar channel map)? That would be awesome.

said by JVRudnick:

does that mean that us Waterdown folks WILL get spaceHD???

Waterdown and Burlington will both get the channel.

Cheers!

X38

join:2002-02-25
Oakville, ON
When will Oakville get it? I've downgraded to basic until you do.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
said by X38:

When will Oakville get it? I've downgraded to basic until you do.

Should be the same time as Waterdown and Burlington.

Hamilton1

join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
I live in the West end of Hamilton and I get Space HD on Channel 829 and for the most part there isn't much to watch on it, but they did have a very good SyFy show called Orphan Black that was very good IMHO.

Yep now that Cogeco is getting rid of all the Analog channels lets get that AMC HD and for the love of GOD please finally put CNN HD in the lineup!!

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
said by Hamilton1:

but they did have a very good SyFy show called Orphan Black that was very good IMHO.

I hope they air Sharknado

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharknado

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

It's on right now. Got through the first hour of it before I gave up and changed the channel.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
said by Gone:

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

It's on right now. Got through the first hour of it before I gave up and changed the channel.

But... But... It's Sharks... AND TORNADOS!!!

WarningU2
Premium
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

said by Cogeco_Aaron See Profile
I just got informed that there are some system changes going through in about 2 weeks which should please you
[/BQUOTE :

Does this explain why HD stations are pixelating and audio cut outs are occurring right now in Burlington?

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
said by WarningU2:

Does this explain why HD stations are pixelating and audio cut outs are occurring right now in Burlington?

Nope, that was an issue in places other than Burlington as well. Should be fixed now. If not, let me know!

drew2

@cgocable.net
When exactly is Cogeco in burlington getting space HD? I considering going with bell because of the delays

JVRudnick

Waterdown, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
just checked - there is NO 829 on my guide....

...sigh...

no space in HD!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!

spacefan

@distributel.net
wait a day or two ... Aaron said soon ... so maybe this week

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
said by spacefan :

so maybe this week

Check now?

JVRudnick

Waterdown, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
Just showed up!

Yea!

chris3579

join:2008-02-20
reply to MysticGuitar
When is Chatham going to get Space that is on 829 and the other HD that are available on other systems and when is Chatham going to go though the Digital Migration?

tedh

join:2001-01-11
Burlington, ON
reply to MysticGuitar
I can confirm that Space HD (as well as a number of other long overdue HD channels) has showed up in Burlington. Yes!

cablesmurfet

join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON
These channels have shown up in our guide as well.