Premium Member
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

Mr Neutron to La Luna

Premium Member

to La Luna

Re: Facebook outage

said by La Luna:

I have it locked down, no one can see my profile or page unless I give permission.

Granted, no one on the outside can read it. I'm not aware of anything in Facebook's TOS, however, that precludes a bored/disgruntled/depraved FB employee from reading any of your stuff.

(Just trying to point out that potential prying eyes can probe you from the inside as well as the outside with FB, that's all.)
Mr Neutron

Mr Neutron to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Facebook is a diseased cesspool of garbage.

DSLR, on the other hand, is a wretched hive of scum and villany (and therefore far superior).

[Beams with {possibly quite badly misplaced} pride]
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

said by Mr Neutron:

said by Happydude32:

Facebook is a diseased cesspool of garbage.

DSLR, on the other hand, is a wretched hive of scum and villany (and therefore far superior).

[Beams with {possibly quite badly misplaced} pride]

Actually DSLR is more like the end result if a circus freak show could mate with a train wreck. Some of the posts on here are so unintentionally funny its unreal.

Mr Neutron
Impassioned Gibberish
Premium Member
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

Mr Neutron

Premium Member

said by Happydude32:

Actually DSLR is more like the end result if a circus freak show could mate with a train wreck.

I'll settle for the circus freak show, thank you, though I doubt whether Justin has ever seen himself as a 21st century Todd Browning.

(I'd like to be Phroso, please.)

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Y'know, I got to thinking....

FaceBORED cannot REALLY be down.

If it WAS, my sister would call.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
said by battleop:

"Facebook is a godsend. I was able to reconnect with several old friends I thought I'd never see again"

If I've lost contact there is probably a reason behind it.

But there is also just time of life parting of ways like school graduations or job changes.

Maybe not best buds but someone nice to hear from again and catch up with.
Hayward0

Hayward0 to Johkal

Premium Member

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

I'm not anti-Facebook. My wife loves Facebook, but I don't enjoy adding Blocked Domain/Sender rules for her email account because all of the crap she clicks on or "Likes" & then she gets bombarded with spam.

Oh I see you condemn a service because of bad personal management. There is no way anyone knows your email unless you allow it Yes you might get notifications for replies and likes but not direct EMail. And most are easy to opt out of, often as simple as just un liking,
Hayward0

Hayward0 to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Since you asked for it…

Facebook is idiotic as a concept and in execution. There’s nothing elitist or holier than thou about it, except for the people that use it and think that the world cares what they had for lunch or the fact they ‘Liked’ something. I was on Facebook for about 6-9 months back in the 2009-2010 time frame. I signed up reluctantly after refusing to do so for a long time after a friend of mine talked me into signing up as a way to share photos from events that we were going to. Before I knew it I had a whole clan of people after me

WOW you are the very Dumbass you bitch about that gas no clue on management....

Again I have few dozen people I actually know and some long lost. Pretty much NONE post what I had for breakfast stuff and unless something coll at a new restaurant.

So you trash a service for your complete lack of management skills.... OK guess you need to climb back in your hole and stay there.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

As usual, I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

But bottom like is Facebook sucks, it always has, always will.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to Hayward0

MVM

to Hayward0
Ah, I see you were bored today.