Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to The_ANoN

Premium Member

to The_ANoN

Re: [DIRECTV] Thinking of Changing to DirecTV

said by The_ANoN :

Eh...I went the other way around.. I switched from DirecTV to DISH and am very happy I did.. I absolutely HATE DirecTV.. Their customer service is TERRIBLE.. I had one girl put me on hold and NEVER come back to the phone (I was on hold for almost 2 hours before hanging up). Also, the issues they had with Viacom (where ALL DirecTV subscribers lost about 30 channels for a week or so) just rubbed me the wrong way.. Their STBs are sluggish and laggy. I swear it takes 15 seconds just to change channels and/or bring up the guide. (I didnt have the Genie so maybe its different with that).. I also had them "adjust" my bill so it would be lower, they even quoted me what my adjusted bill was going to be, but when I got my bills down the road, they were still higher than a 747 jet.

We never have had any of those problems with DirecTV, but when we had Dish their CS was worse. Our receivers take the same amount of time to change channels as the Dish ones did. We pay close to the same as we did with Dish also.

The_ANoN
@charter.com

The_ANoN

Anon

said by ilikeme:

We never have had any of those problems with DirecTV, but when we had Dish their CS was worse. Our receivers take the same amount of time to change channels as the Dish ones did. We pay close to the same as we did with Dish also.

Like I said, not everyone is going to have the same experience.. Ive talked to people who are much happier with Dish than DirecTV and vice versa. From my first month with Dish, I can tell you theyre better.. but its only been 1 month so it could get worse. Right now, I prefer Dish.