Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2

Starz channel displaying "Movie"

For the past couple days I have noticed that Starz channels 345 and 845 HD are displaying "movie." I thought that it was a glitch, but now i See that for the next 2 weeks it shows this.

I do not know if this is Starz' problem or not. Or even if they are aware of this.

I just thought that I would point this out to anyone that has not noticed this yet.

Hopefully this will be remedied soon. Hopefully overnight one night soon.

I am in VHO7. But I am not sure if this is widespread to other areas.

Thanks

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
webcobbler, FYI, just checked here in VHO8 and the Starz guide listings for 845HD and 345 just show "Movies", no descriptions, refreshing the guide didn't help.
--
VHO8

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1

2 edits
And I believe its still FYI's fault. FYI is the company Verizon has been using to supply the Guide info. There has been talk that Verizon will change guide providers.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
I always never understood why the Starz and Encore channels never show the channel name like Encore Love or Encore Westerns, it says Encore 4, Starz5, like people are supposed to know what that means. That's a horrbile description. Can you imagine if all the HBO's and Showtimes were listed like that?
Why is HBO and Showtime ok, but Starz/Encore all messed up?

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
said by matcarl:

Can you imagine if all the HBO's and Showtimes were listed like that?

Yea i wouldnt care.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
I'm in VHO7 to and have full listings for Ch345 and Ch845.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
reply to webcobbler
The listing have returned for these two channels in VHO3.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
Feasterville Trevose, PA
reply to webcobbler
Starz listings on 845HD and 345 are now showing here in VHO8
--
VHO8

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

I always never understood why the Starz and Encore channels never show the channel name like Encore Love or Encore Westerns, it says Encore 4, Starz5, like people are supposed to know what that means. That's a horrbile description. Can you imagine if all the HBO's and Showtimes were listed like that?
Why is HBO and Showtime ok, but Starz/Encore all messed up?

All the Encore channels had numeric designations back in the day. Starz used to be "Encore 8".

Doesn't really explain the current situation. I just thought it would be interesting to mention that.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
reply to johnf2
They have returned, yes. But unfortunately , after the 3rd day, these channels return to "Movie."

What if one wanted to record a movie after those 3 days? For example: 4 or even 13 days out, I see a movie I want to record... i can't because everything says "movie."

I still do not know if this is because of the current Guide Provider, or Starz itself.

This def should be fixed, and the goal of not having this problem in the future. For any channel for that matter. Whether it is a regular channel or movie channel.

dcowboy

said by webcobbler:

What if one wanted to record a movie after those 3 days? For example: 4 or even 13 days out, I see a movie I want to record... i can't because everything says "movie."

Just setup a manual record for when the movies on.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
idk when a movie is on, because it does not display the Title of the production. It just says "Movie."

i do not quite follow, dcowboy

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to webcobbler
I just checked on my box here in VHO 5 and it also shows just 'Movie' in the Guide for anything past 3 days...but honestly it's no big deal for me because it only occurs on channel 845 which is not the main Starz HD channel but just one of their secondary channels...I only watch/record programs from the main premium channel (845, 865 for Showtime, 899 for HBO, 920 for Cinemax etc)...the main channel has the highest bitrate so that is the only 1 worth watching

all the secondary channels just show repeats of movies/series from the main channel so there is no point in watching anything but the main...just my 2 cents

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
kudos:1
reply to webcobbler
This has popped up on several channels for me over the last week or so - but especially on HDNet Movies. About 10 to 12 days out in the guide, all listings are "Movie" with no title or description.

dcowboy

reply to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

idk when a movie is on, because it does not display the Title of the production. It just says "Movie."

i do not quite follow, dcowboy

Because you said "i see a movie i want to record" so you must be "seeing" it somewhere like titantv.com or some other online program guide.

You can look at titantv & see the program guide for all the channels thru 7/21 so just see when the movie is on & set a manual recording.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
reply to bsangs
You are right, bsangs

I did not even think to look for this issue on other channels.

I can only assume that this issue is because of the current Guide provider. Not on the channel provider , themselves.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Yup, now the Animal Planet 630HD is not displaying any listings after Fri Jul 12, even when refreshing the guide.
--
VHO8