join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition and SimCity 5 Q's?

I've been looking into getting SimCity 4 Deluze edition since I'm on the fence about SC5 for several reasons.

Is there any difference between the Steam version and the one found on Gamefly? The gamefly version says it's DRM free?

Anybody know which one is better?

As for SC5, my rig is the minimum specs to run the game. How well does it run, how high can you crank things up with the minimum specs?

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
Steam counts as a form of DRM... but then again, so should/would gamefly, since they likely have some kinda killswitch attached should you ever let your subscription lapse (they do for PS plus downloaded titles, of course).

Unless it's a case of where you can buy it completely, and run it without Gamefly's client app, I doubt their claim to it being DRM free.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
said by C0deZer0:

Steam counts as a form of DRM... but then again, so should/would gamefly, since they likely have some kinda killswitch attached should you ever let your subscription lapse (they do for PS plus downloaded titles, of course).

Unless it's a case of where you can buy it completely, and run it without Gamefly's client app, I doubt their claim to it being DRM free.

Well, in that case, guess it wouldn't matter where I got it from. I guess I'll go with whatever is cheaper.

Thanks for the SC4 info.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Chris 313
I think that just means third party drm free. Granted I got bioshock one from them and can launch it without running their client app so not sure if they really mean drm free or not tbh.