uniqs

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

[MoP] More UI screenshots

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here is my current cluttered laptop UI screenshot. Desktop is similar just less cluttered.

And a typical Oondasta run.. sigh

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium Member
join:2002-11-16
Putnam, CT

1 recommendation

tuocekim

Premium Member

My laptop and desktop used to me similar, but I have since made the change to using dropbox to store my wtf and interface folders. Means I only have one set of addons to update, and any ui changes I make on one carry over to the other. It's been working great since I made that change.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by tuocekim:

My laptop and desktop used to me similar, but I have since made the change to using dropbox to store my wtf and interface folders. Means I only have one set of addons to update, and any ui changes I make on one carry over to the other. It's been working great since I made that change.

Interesting idea. I could probably do that more reliably on my NAS.

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium Member
Putnam, CT

tuocekim

Premium Member

Well I play on my laptop when not at home, so dropbox seems to work well for that. Basically you just move the folders over and then create symbolic links within your actual WoW folder. My first thoughts were what if I can't connect ot dropbox, quickly followed up by I probably can't connect to WoW's servers either in that circumstance.
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned) to Goldheart

to Goldheart
So! Where did all the action bars come from?

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by Scilicet:

So! Where did all the action bars come from?

Dominos is the addon I use. Bartender4 seems to be the preference for many along with the SpartanUI but I prefer my own set up.
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned)

Thanks! I've never seen anything like that. It looks interesting and would definitely improve the game for me. What about that map thingy at the lower left?

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium Member
Putnam, CT

tuocekim to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
What addon gives you that bar on the top?
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned)

Maybe we should have an Add-On thread?

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Scilicet

to Scilicet
said by Scilicet:

Thanks! I've never seen anything like that. It looks interesting and would definitely improve the game for me. What about that map thingy at the lower left?

That is Carbonite. It has a resizable map with routing capability for nodes. It also handles the quests and thats the list you see at the right.

»www.curse.com/addons/wow ··· arbonite

I recommend using the alpha version. If you use npcscan overlay, you will need to copy the carbonite.lua file from the extras folder to the npcscan overlay module folder.

Alpha is actually stable and is the preliminary Carbonite 2.0.
Goldheart

Goldheart to tuocekim

to tuocekim
said by tuocekim:

What addon gives you that bar on the top?

That is Bazooka and is a data broker bar. Many addons automatically add icons to the bar. There are lots of broker bar addsons for things like friends and guild online, armor status, fps, and all kinds of stuff.

»www.curse.com/addons/wow/bazooka

Some example data broker addons:

»www.curse.com/addons/wow ··· -friends

»www.curse.com/addons/wow ··· db-guild
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
Aurora, CO

to Goldheart
Thanks! I've been looking into this add-on thing. I'm having a little trouble getting started as the instructions seem a bit vague for someone just starting up with it. Nevertheless, I'm sure that I will figure it out in a short time. It's just hit or miss at this point, but I'm getting the idea pretty fast.
Scilicet

to Goldheart
Ah! I have it... I didn't have much luck installing Bartender4 manually, but the Curse Client worked very well. This made my day, so far

So, thanks again Goldheart See Profile

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Scilicet

to Scilicet
said by Scilicet:

Maybe we should have an Add-On thread?

Sure, why not?
Goldheart

Goldheart to Scilicet

to Scilicet
said by Scilicet:

Ah! I have it... I didn't have much luck installing Bartender4 manually, but the Curse Client worked very well. This made my day, so far

So, thanks again Goldheart See Profile

You're very welcome.

I certainly use the curse client myself since it is free and handles updating nicely. They do have most of the addons but there are a rare few that are not available via curse.
Goldheart

Goldheart to tuocekim

to tuocekim
said by tuocekim:

Well I play on my laptop when not at home, so dropbox seems to work well for that. Basically you just move the folders over and then create symbolic links within your actual WoW folder. My first thoughts were what if I can't connect ot dropbox, quickly followed up by I probably can't connect to WoW's servers either in that circumstance.

I gave this a try but there is just too much of a difference in screen size from laptop to desktop. Everything too small on desktop and too large on laptop.

Plus its fairly slow loading all those addons I use.. lol!

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium Member
Putnam, CT

tuocekim

Premium Member

said by Goldheart:

I gave this a try but there is just too much of a difference in screen size from laptop to desktop. Everything too small on desktop and too large on laptop.

Plus its fairly slow loading all those addons I use.. lol!

The only slowness I find with it is if I'm loading the game on my laptop without changing the graphics quality. Other than that I can't say I've noticed any performance issues. I run at a reduced ui size anyway, more tailored for my laptop so things just seems little bigger and roomier on my desktop.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by tuocekim:

The only slowness I find with it is if I'm loading the game on my laptop without changing the graphics quality. Other than that I can't say I've noticed any performance issues. I run at a reduced ui size anyway, more tailored for my laptop so things just seems little bigger and roomier on my desktop.

My laptop is 17" and desktop display is 30". Huge difference!

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium Member
Putnam, CT

tuocekim

Premium Member

said by Goldheart:

My laptop is 17" and desktop display is 30". Huge difference!

Yeah, I'd say so. My laptop is a 17.1" with my desktop being a 23", so it's not that big of a step.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
Waaaaaay too much clutter...

You're only a few addons away from this:

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Hmm, that looks like an addon version of a messy room. Sure you can find everything, it just might have pizza stuck to it.
Mordred

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
I just noticed the 8FPS at the corner. They have some kick as dial up bandwidth going there.......

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

1 recommendation

Goldheart to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Waaaaaay too much clutter...

You're only a few addons away from this:

Haha well I am just a DPS, but I usually close the map and normally have Carbonite quest watch set to fade during combat. I could probably shrink the raid frames quite a bit.
Tbone0203
join:2013-06-20

Tbone0203 to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Am I the only 1 that doesnt use a UI addon? D:

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Tbone0203:

Am I the only 1 that doesnt use a UI addon? D:

one of the few who have declared so. Generally, those who don't think they need to customize their view rarely read forums to improve their play. I did say "generally", so there is room for unique individuals.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Tbone0203

Premium Member

to Tbone0203
Addons have extended the life of WoW for me.

The ability to customize so significantly and improve over default has consumed countless hours of my time...

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by Snuffbox:

The ability to customize so significantly and improve over default has consumed countless hours of my time...

I wouldn't say it has extended the life of WoW for me but it is certainly fun to see what is out there and experiment.

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium Member
Putnam, CT

tuocekim to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

I probably wouldn't have ever stuck with wow if I hadn't come across bartender. Coming from EQ2 I just couldn't handle the default UI.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

Click for full size
Here is an example of lootroller
Goldheart

Goldheart

Click for full size
And here is an example of SavedInstances on the Bazooka data broker bar.