Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fhsguy

join:2013-07-06
Coarsegold, CA

[Need Info] The lack of Sim cards!

Hi all,
I'm new on here but also immersed, at least to some extent, with the lack of Sim card being available throught ST too.

I'm going to be receiving a new Android, 3G, Smart phone Monday and wanted to change over to ST from Pure Talk due to the unlimited web access ST offered but I guess I'm that's not going to be very easy to do at this point so I'll just to swap the PT Sim card and make the most of it.

Expand your moderator at work

halfempty

join:2001-04-28
Miami, FL
reply to Fhsguy

Re: [Need Info] The lack of Sim cards!

ST stopped issuing AT&T BYOD sim cards a few months ago, now they only sell T-Mobile sim cards. The grandfathered people on AT&T sim cards have to watch their data usage, they have been getting more aggressive in throttling people on AT&T, sometimes to the point of being permanently throttled.

You may be able to find ST AT&T sims on eBay, but they are overpriced and beware of scammers. If you use more than a small to moderate amount of data, ST AT&T is no longer the way to go.

halfempty

Miami, FL

1 recommendation

UPDATE: Straight Talk just started selling the AT&T SIM cards on their site again. Still saying "unlimited", but with an asterisk.

Hagar

join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA

What zip codes I do not see on mine.

halfempty

Miami, FL

Go to »www.straighttalkbyop.com/ and choose GSM, then Shop, there are 2 red buttons on the right side. One for AT&T compatible SIM, and one for T-Mobile compatible SIM.

Hagar

join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA

Yup that link worked for me.
Nice to know that we can get AT&T sims again.

My guess is that they fixed the bug that you did not always get charged a ETF fee so now they call sell sim again.