spc
uniqs
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues

Re: Hard Drive Deals

Try getting one of those Xerox Work centre network scanning on Novell Netware network.....no that's fun.....

We've migrated last year to Windows And network scanning is much better...

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Getting a Xerox Workcentre integrated with Active Directory with all print jobs being held at the printer under you swipe a prox card against a reader and where any faxing, scanning or copying functions require a matter number to be entered to tie into a law firm practice management back-end (as in, to bill the client for the disbursements) takes the cake.

Memories of those days still keeps me up at night.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

I guess that is a reason why HRM municipality has outsourced their printer management to Xerox and is being considered by other government agencies in Nova Scotia....

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

We didn't "manage" the printers. The solution was provided by Xerox and some other company, and we - being my end - needed to make Active Directory and the practice management/billing software talk with it.

There were some occasional nightmares we ran into, but overall it worked better than one would ever expect. The actual printer/copier hardware was temperamental as hell, though. We had situations with AC voltage on the mains and interference from fluorescent lights causing the printers to crash. They work Workcentre 5655s with additional bottom input trays and the 5000 sheet letter side input tray attachment and the multi finisher. They were monsters compared to what the base unit 5655 normally looks like.