spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smcharlton77

@broadstripe.net

[Exede] Video about Exede customer service

I don't think I've ever been as upset from a terrible string of customer service encounters. Exede tops the list of the worst in customer service. I'll spare the details, but this video should let you know how I really feel...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimUDxaxzNo

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

So I assume you canceled your service? Did you send the equipment back to make sure you didn't get charged even more?

Abyss1992

join:2012-08-18
Walton, WV
reply to smcharlton77

I'v been close to this point myself. But then I use the LNFZ to download 10-50GB a night that pays for itself.
--
Broadband Companys worst nightmare

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1

said by Abyss1992:

I'v been close to this point myself.

AT&T's U-Verse system is offering $20 for 768Kbps Internet?, but you got to move to where ever its offered.

Speeds are fine overall with Exede-5/12, but the bucket is too small.

I deal with my local Coop, so customer service or repair service is not an issue. I still pay with checks...

james1979
Premium
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA
reply to smcharlton77

Whatever went wrong, that was certainly well produced.

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH
reply to smcharlton77

Does seem like an awful lot of time and effort was wasted on this whole production. Bet he can't get the link posted on the Wildblue FB page or Wildblue forum

smcharlton77

@broadstripe.net
reply to james1979

James - it was a long string of bad experiences, starting with the installers. Before even getting up on a ladder, the guy said I needed to pay him $80 in cash, because it would be a custom install. Fortunately, I had a little help from the DirecTV installer who happened to be here at the same time, and he basically showed them how to do their job.
Then came the complete lack of communication for logging into my account, billing, contract, etc (apparently, I had a 24 month contract that I was never made aware of, signed, or given a copy of).
Then it was the poor speeds which no one at Exede could figure out. Even after a tech came out to 'fix' my issues, the only thing that was fixed was the data drain that came out of nowhere. Again, Exede wasn't able to tell me where my data was going, just that I had run out (nothing changed in my daily routine, yet my data was gone by the 20th, when I had plenty left over in months prior).
The calls I made into their support center were wastes of my time... no one had any answers, or could direct me to someone that could help. Basically, they just said I needed to figure it out for my self and that they wouldn't/couldn't help. I was also transfered around a few different time as well as hung up in several of those transfers and even a couple times while on hold.
Finally, when I went to cancel, the cancellation fees were $285 and even though my service wasn't at the speeds they promised, they would do nothing for me.

What really sent me over the edge is when I received the equipment return box, and it had a place for the tria (the thing that points back at the dish). I didn't feel comfortable climbing up on my roof to take apart their equipment, so I called in to ask for some assistance. The woman said that to have someone take it down for me would cost me $95. I stayed somewhat calm (even though I wanted to scream at her, I know she wasn't the one to blame). She put me on hold after I asked how I could get around the $95 fee... she came back on, told me that she was wrong about the $95 and that it would be quite a bit more to have someone come out - then proceded to ask me to talk to a neighbor to help me with getting up on my roof. I lost it a little and said "I'm not going to ask one of my neighbors...' click, she hung up on me.

So, that's when I tore the dish off my roof and channeled my frustration into the video you see above. Hopefully you have some different options out there in Quinault...

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to DrStrangLov

said by DrStrangLov:

AT&T's U-Verse system is offering....

Do you mean that company that got a presidential pardon for spying on Americans?

james1979
Premium
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA
reply to smcharlton77

said by smcharlton77 :

So, that's when I tore the dish off my roof and channeled my frustration into the video you see above. Hopefully you have some different options out there in Quinault...

What you experienced with the installers seems to be too common. I became aware of the Exede 12 service from my neighbors (who bundled it with DISH). They reported that it was the installers first installation, and that it took a total of three site visits before they got it working. I should probably write a review about this, but it took three appointments before installers with the correct equipment (a pole and concrete) showed up. It took them 6 1/2 hours to complete the installation, but they got it aligned perfectly, and my system is working quite well. I'd guess that your dish wasn't pointed perfectly. (There was at least 2 hours of beep-beep-beeping for my installation.) And yes, when they left, 400 MB had already disappeared from my account.

No, the only options where I live are either satellite or dial-up over scratchy phone lines installed by AT&T in the 1950s.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to smcharlton77

HAHA. There are plenty of video's on youtube of people beating up, shooting, bashing their wildblue and hughesnet dishes!

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to smcharlton77

Nice video! The one thing that REALLY concerns me is that you mentioned the DirecTV guy was there for the install. Not that it matters, but did you happen to get the NEW Genie DVR receiver? Lets assume the answer is YES for minute. Then, the next question is, did the installer happen to connect the Ethernet port on the Genie DVR to your router, meaning did he give internet access to the Genie via your WildBlue service? Lets again assume the answer is YES.

The reason I say to assume YES to both answers is because THAT is what DirecTV installers did to me. For the first time in MANY years of being a WB and Exede customer, I smoked my FAP in about 15-20 days. Why? Its because DirecTV does NOT tell you that while you may not be watching any streamed movies or shows, the DVR is updating itself CONSTANTLY with shows, videos, etc via its Internet connection instead of using the DirecTV stream. It took me a while to figure it out, but I gathered my data, then got through to a Level 3 tech at DirecTV and he confirmed my suspicions.

The bottom line, your usage was probably being eaten up by DirecTV...... The solution to ALL sat users is to NOT connect ANY sat TV products to your network. PERIOD!
--
The proper way to break in a Harley: Grab a fist full of throttle, and ride it like you stole it!!!

smcharlton77

@broadstripe.net

I didn't get the Genie but even with my HD DVR there is an internet connection. However, I was informed that it could drain some of my data by both the installer and DirecTV reps, when downloading movies and as software updates. The data drain didn't start until a few phone calls and an service call from Exede after a couple months of service. I disconnected my DirecTV from the internet and I still was using up my data at an alarming rate. I eliminated all potential data draining sources and even turned of my wireless router (so that nothing was connected), still the data drained at 1-2 GB per day. Total BS
I have new internet service now and I couldn't be happier...