ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage

[Travel] Things to do around Toms River and NYC?

Any recommendations for things to do around Toms River and NYC in early August? I will be visiting a friend that just moved there. I am looking for good sights to see, things to do, and good food! We are also planning to go to NYC for at least a a day or two ( I know, its short) so recommendations for there would be great too! Especially want to try the pizza!

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
What type of stuff are you interested in? Have you been to NYC before?
--
Add a signature here

ilikeme
Premium
Sugar Land, TX
Never been before! I know we are going to go to times square and probably some museums, the 9/11 memorial, and central park, but what else is there that I must go do? The main interests are architecture and technology.

dobby10
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Denville, NJ
reply to ilikeme
In NYC check out the Museum of Television and Radio, Sony Wonder Tech Lab. Broadway Show?
Toms River - Head down to Atlantic City, maybe Cape May, Ocean City. Traveling alone of with family?

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to ilikeme
said by ilikeme:

Never been before! I know we are going to go to times square and probably some museums, the 9/11 memorial, and central park, but what else is there that I must go do? The main interests are architecture and technology.

You might want to consider getting passes to the 911 Memorial beforehand.
»www.911memorial.org/visitor-pass ··· r-passes

ilikeme
Premium
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to dobby10
said by dobby10:

In NYC check out the Museum of Television and Radio, Sony Wonder Tech Lab. Broadway Show?
Toms River - Head down to Atlantic City, maybe Cape May, Ocean City. Traveling alone of with family?

Thanks! I will have two friends with me. That television and radio museum and sony tech lab both sound interesting, especially since two of us majored in Radio and Television and the other one in graphic design. We are thinking of doing a Broadway show, but have not decided on which one yet. I am thinking the Book of Mormon.

I figured in Toms River we would check out Atlantic City and the shore, but was wondering if there was anything else.

Does anyone have any must stop restaurants, especially NY style pizza places (but other things also)?
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

ilikeme
Premium
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Stacy
said by Stacy:

said by ilikeme:

You might want to consider getting passes to the 911 Memorial beforehand.
»www.911memorial.org/visitor-pass ··· r-passes

Thanks for the heads up.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

dobby10
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Denville, NJ
reply to ilikeme
You could head to Six Flags Great Adventure which is now the largest theme park in the world. There's tons of good restaurants all over the area. Artichoke Pizza in NYC is big.
Expand your moderator at work