Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to rfnut

Premium Member

to rfnut

Re: [IL] Extreme Loss in connection quality

I'm still showing an overall low SNR as well. From what I can tell, it looks to have dropped drastically around 10 PM on the 4th. It's been low- with some slight fluctuation- ever since. This is generating a lot of downstream packet loss too- 30-60% at times. Let me know if you track anything down. If there is indeed water in the lines or any other damage, etc. I can set up a service appointment and get this taken care of.
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

Thanks. Sometime in the next couple of days ( or hours) , I will take the modem and laptop to the demarc and see what I have incoming. Easier to test the drop first before breaking into my lines. I'll update either way when I know more. ya know thinking about it from a service standpoint, I suppose this is a pain. I wonder if if it would be easier if I demanded service, whined, complained and continuously troubleshot; all the while stating there is nothing wrong on my end. Might be simpler than " maybe I'll get around to looking at it soon" . LOL.
rfnut

rfnut to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
OK. Modem straight to the drop at demarc. Laptop directly connected to modem.
Looks like we may need a service call? If the Received Signal strength is even sorta "accurate", seems like it is low. May explain some TV tiling at times as well?
While received strength remained fairly steady, S/N BER etc all over the place and even modulation "unknown" appeared at various refreshes while connected straight to the drop.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I think that sounds like a good idea. The low SNR I'm seeing and data loss could be manifesting as cable tiling as well. I can set up a service appointment for this Tuesday, 7/9, in the afternoon with an arrival time between 1:00 - 1:30 PM. Would this time work out?
rfnut
Premium Member
Fisher, IL

1 edit

rfnut

Premium Member

Yes. A half hour window? I will refrain from disbelief or comment LOL. I will be here. I will also pass along to the family, who may answer a call if the tech needs verification of presence at the home.

Also for the record as of an hour ago (or 3 hours after drop tests and the sun came out this morning).

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Okay, I've got you all set up! We do have half hour windows as the first appointment brackets in both mornings and afternoons in many areas, though these tend to go pretty quick. I've noted everything in the job notes and I'll follow up once I see that it's been completed as well!
rfnut
Premium Member
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

As usual, your excellent support is appreciated.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome!
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

I had the same problem the other day but mine resolved its self with a modem reboot. Mine was about the same time frame as yours.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Glimmer, if the problem comes back, let me know.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to rfnut

Premium Member

to rfnut
Was the tech able to resolve your issues?
rfnut
Premium Member
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

The tech was prompt and the service appears stable. As for the intermittent issues we will have to wait and see. It was better 3 hrs after the initial testing and held that way till he arrived, so we will have to see if this stops the intermittent drops. As always thanks for your excellent service.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome! Thank you for the update. Please let me know if anything does come up and we'll keep working until it's fully resolved.