spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

[MoP] Addons you use and questions and answers

I use quite a few addons and the Curse client to manage them.

Curse client is available free and has a premium version with additional features. More info here:

»www.curse.com/client

Here is a list of the addons that I currently use:

NPCScan
NPCScan Auto Add
NPCScan Overlay Broker
NPCScan Ex
ActionBarSaver
Affdots
AffDotsDruid
AffdotPriest
Annoying Chat Fade
Archy
Auctionator
Bavarder
Bazooka
Carbonite
Castbars
Cloudy Pet Collected
Cloudy Tooltip Mod
Cloudy Unit Info
Craftbar
Dailygrind
DBM (and DMB for ealier expansions)
DIY Chat
Dominos
DoubleWide TradeSkills
Drag Em All
Emote Center
Factionizer
Flask Minder
Glyph Status
GTFO
HabeebIt
Health Warning
Inline Aura
Kipper
LDB Friends
LDB Guild
Link Wrangler
Loot ROller
Masque
MogIt
Molinari
Move Anything
OmniCC
Pesky Text
Pokemon Trainer
Postal
Professions Vault
Saved Instances
Scrolling Combat Text
Shadowed Unit Frames
Simple Confirm Loot
Skada
Strata Fix
Tipsy
TradeSkillMaster (and all associated TSM modules)
tulla Range
Vendomatc
Windows Instant Messenger
XLoot

At least at the moment lol!

You can look these up on Curse or google for more details.
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO

1 edit

Scilicet (banned)

WoW! (pun intentional) 59 addons. I didn't know that one could alter the interface in this way. So, I installed Bartender4 and Carbonite (for starters) and I am very happy with the alterations. I was at a loss without being able to access all my abilities for the current character that I have been leveling up on the limited action bars with the stock interface. This definitely makes things more interesting. Can't wait to try more of these things out.

It's very efficient to be able to group abilities onto additional action bars for easy access. I was wasting time hunting for scattered abilities on limited and fixed action bar space. I would get bored with waving the cursor all around the screen by the time my toons got above level 80. Maybe I'll get my current project to level 90 for a change. We do like the PvP servers, don't we?

Does anyone know what the feature labeled as "Punks" is all about? I don't know if it came with Carbonite or Bartender4, but doesn't seem to have an obvious function right now.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino

I believe it's from Carbonite. It alerts you to a PvP flagged person of the opposite faction near you. Not really an issue on PvE servers.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Scilicet

to Scilicet
It is a Carbonite function. To get rid of it, right click the Carbonite map and select Options. Click where you see Social & Punks. Uncheck the Punk Monitor.

It doesn't just scan those enemy faction players that are flagged for PvP. It alerts you to any enemy player (works with same faction in STV arena).
Criticals
join:2010-05-30

Criticals to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Thats a good addon list. I dont know what sort of computer you are using but I suggest making a Medium and Light version of your UI. I used to have a pretty badass computer but still would make four different versions of the same UI.

Heavy - Super pretty version
Medium - Same functional addons without the pretty/bag addons
Light - Funtional addons only. Still had recount DBM. Most action bar addons
Barebones - 3-4 essential raiding addons

Reason being if you remember Heroic Rag there was a moment where the spell effects could bottleneck your system causing a 1 second delay at the point of explosion. Even overclocked I was hittin this wall so i had to drop to my Barebones edition.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Criticals:

Even overclocked I was hittin this wall so i had to drop to my Barebones edition.

Sounds to me you're playing on an ancient machine OR you have addons that are out of date/ no longer supported.

Certain out of date addons can cause severe lag (Icehud for example)

7-8 addons should be unnoticeable, especially bag addons etc.

What video, ram and CPU do you have?

I'm assuming you're doing a software "overclock" and not an actual OC?

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Goldheart

MVM

to Goldheart
How many different toons do you play?

What roles do you play, DPS, Heals, Tank?

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by Kilroy:

How many different toons do you play?

What roles do you play, DPS, Heals, Tank?

Currently my main is a destuction warlock. I also have a retribution paladin, blood death knight, and an assassination rogue. I have a second destruction warlock who is my bank guild GM.

Other than that a bunch of lower level alts.

I usually play DPS, but my DK is a tank.
Goldheart

Goldheart to Criticals

to Criticals
Both my laptop and desktop are fairly powerful gaming machines and run fine with all the addons and max graphics.

Really intense 40 man raids can slow down the fps to 30s or so but still tolerable.
Criticals
join:2010-05-30

Criticals to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
It was a hard overclock. I think heroic rag was crippling to even raiders with top end systems though. If you did the fight on 25 the part where the platform lights up in thirds and u have maybe 2 seconds to move is what im talkin bout. Addons were not too fierce then. On my barebones edition even Recount was disabled. The main part was you had to have a certain spell detail enabled to even see the effect on the ground.

Not puttin it out of the realm of possibilities that it coulda been my system but i had a i7 950. Like 9gb ram, and i forget my video card (and thats the biggest deal) but it wasnt a slack card.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Yeah Criticals, I would think you have/had an addon conflict.

I am still running an i7 930 OC'd to 4.0 Ghz, 6 gb RAM and at the time a GTX 460 video card (now 7850 HD) with no major frame problems.

Meaning, I too experienced increased sluggishness during certain raids, but still never dropped below 25 fps which is easily playable
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned) to Goldheart

to Goldheart
All those add-ons and no OQueue? Check it out it's one of the most essential add-ons you can get.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by 02778712:

All those add-ons and no OQueue? Check it out it's one of the most essential add-ons you can get.

appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's only essential if you are constantly looking for a group. Goldheart is largely a soloist unless we drag him into a dungeon/raid, lol.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Immer:

said by 02778712:

appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's only essential if you are constantly looking for a group. Goldheart is largely a soloist unless we drag him into a dungeon/raid, lol.

I'd be curious why he has "Loot Roller". Compete against himself?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

non sequitur. Having an addon for loot for the times you are in a group does not present a need for an addon that spams for "hey lets form a group!". I didn't mean to discredit your program, just wanted to trim down the sales hyperbole a bit.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to 02778712

to 02778712
said by 02778712:

Could be left over from Cata days when LFR loot was a spamfest and you needed an addon to stop it.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

1 recommendation

Goldheart to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by 02778712:

It isn't that I don't like groups. I am usually buying or selling on the AH.
Goldheart

Goldheart to 02778712

to 02778712
said by 02778712:

said by Immer:

said by 02778712:

I use loot roller for control over where the loot displays are shown. Loot roller also makes it easier to view who rolled what all in one small display. I usually disable the blizz ui loot frame.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned) to Goldheart

to Goldheart
said by Goldheart:

said by Immer:

said by 02778712:

It isn't that I don't like groups. I am usually buying or selling on the AH.

I'm with you there. I just have no idea what to do with gold but it's fun to earn anyways.

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Goldheart

to Goldheart
I also use a ton of addons and curse to manage most. Some aren't available on Curse. Here is my list:

_Cursor
NPCScan
NPCScan Overlay
Ackis Recipe List
Addon Control Panel
AdvancedIconSelector
AskMrRobot
AtlasLoot Enhanced
Auctioneer
Aurora
Aura Frames
AutoLog
BadPet
Bagnon
Bazooka
BrokerCurrency
BrokerDurabilityInfo
Clique
ColorPickerPlus
Deadly Boss Mods
Death Note
Dominos
Gathermate2
Gathermate2_Data
Gnosis (castbars and timers)
GreySeller
Grid2
InlineAura
InterruptAnnouncer
LDB_Vengeance
LibSharedMedia-3.0
Masque
Masque_cleanUI
MatureLanguageFilterFix
Omen Threat Meter
OmniCC
Pitbull Unit Frames 4.0
Prat 3.0
Random Mount
Recount
SexyMap
SharedMedia
StatBlock_FPS
Tidy Plates
Tidy Plates, Threat Plates
TipTac
Tullarange
WeakAuras
Whotaunted

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

Hmm not a fan of Carbonite?

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino

said by Goldheart:

Nope. I used questhelper over cabonite back in the day and now with those features in the base ui don't need it. I never liked carbonite but truly haven't tried it since TBC days.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by Taino:

said by Goldheart:

Nope. I used questhelper over cabonite back in the day and now with those features in the base ui don't need it. I never liked carbonite but truly haven't tried it since TBC days.

The main feature of Carbonite is the resizable map that offers node routing. It also tracks your inventory and professions on all your toons. Quest watching and tracking is a bit easier than the default.

You wont need Gatherer either for node recording as Carbonite does this for you.