how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Melissa2009B

join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

Need a cordless phone system with greeting and ring-through

We need an inexpensive cordless phone system ( like the Panasonic Dect 6 types ) with a greeting and ring-through.

We need a 1-line cordless phone system that can answer with a greeting, tell people to press an extension number from 0-99, and then ring-through to all its cordless phones in the house at once.

This is for a home business where we want to use it to filter out spam sales calls and political robocalls.

Does anyone make such a system?

We're not into RingCentral, Onebox or any of that, for this, because we already have RingCentral simultaneously ringing our home and cell, but these junk calls still come in on our home number. We had one last night at 2:21 AM, some scam or prank call that I see others have had problems with, in web complaints. And we want to filter out ALL robocalls, both sales and political. If they can't press the extension, it doesn't ring through to the cordless handsets.

I don't know if the proper term for this is auto-attendant or just call screening, does anyone know?

Did I mention; "inexpensive"? The Panasonic 5 phone cordless systems seem to run in the $135 range at Amazon.com, but I don't think they have this. ( yet it wouldn't require sophisticated hardware or anything - just firmware, right? )

I called a couple of online places and they all want to sell me $10,000 multi-line business "systems". Please...

We have a little part time home base business with just the two of us.

Is anything like this out yet?

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
I also face this problem of random calls at all hours of the day and night. If you check sites such as whocallsme, many people have same frustration.

Unfortunately there is no affordable cordless solution with simple auto attendant. There used to be a corded phone around 2000 but that company ceased operation and I can't find a working unit even on eBay. Other solutions such as TeleZapper simply does not work now a days.

I am actually a hardware designer and was thinking about starting a Kickstarter project with this problem in mind.

lugnut

@communications.com
reply to Melissa2009B
I installed one of these last year and since then telemarketing calls have slowed to a trickle.

»www.amazon.com/Incoming-Call-Blo···+blocker

»hqtelecom.com/phone-call-blocker-manual-803/

The telemarketers had swamped my Panasonic with blocked numbers but this thing than block up to 1200 numbers, unknown numbers, 800 numbers, you can set up a whitelist, everything depending on how you configure it.

I posted this the last time you posted this question. I don't know what you expected to change in the past 6 months?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·row44

4 edits
reply to Melissa2009B
»www.thephoneresource.com/index.c···tems.cfm
TMC-EV4500 = $220 (has auto attendant)
Cordless Phone Adapter = $144

Total = $364
-------------------------------------------------
There's other brands out there too.
»www.thephoneresource.com/index.c···stem.cfm
RCA 4-Line Spkr Phone with Auto Attendant and Digital Ans System = $163
RCA 4-Line DECT 6.0 Accessory Handset = $92

Total = $255
This is requires a computer but is only $50.
»www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2-LINE-CORD···44423867

»panasonic.factoryoutletstore.com···ory_id=0
Panasonic KX-TG4000B = $140 (auto attendant)
»www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TGA4···036DBQPG
Panasonic KX-TGA401B Extra Handset for KX-TG4000 = $35 each

Total = $175 with one cordless headset and $35 for each additional.

I dont think you looked very hard. There are several cheap solutions for exactly what you want.

I just found this.
»home-and-office-phone-depot.com/···n100.htm
Trivox = $70
Then you need an answering machine.
It is an auto attendant you can connect to any phone.
Your answering machine answer and plays your recorded message asking to press 11 (or whatever extension number). As soon as they press your set extension then it connects through to your phone.
See this: »www.avinta.com/products-1/trivox···diag.htm
Setup like this:
[incoming phone line]->[answering machine]->[trivox]->[cordless phone system]

--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
Ottawa, ON
»home-and-office-phone-depot.com/···time.htm

I could not figure out if this "home-and-office-phone-depot" business is still operating.

I was referring to the "Private Time" PT1000 single line residential phone in my response. Do you know if that is available for sale anywhere else? It is closest to what OP needs.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
The Trivox is exactly what the OP is asking for and they can connect any cordless phone system to it.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
Ottawa, ON
The Trivox has "Currently Unavailable" status whenever I checked.

»www.amazon.com/Trivox-1689002-Vo···-3581442

The manufacturer website has not been updated for years:
»www.avinta.com/news-1/home/newshme.htm