how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JCCCCC

join:2009-05-16
Marble, NC

[DSL] Marble, NC....Slow dsl speeds and more

Since Friday, around mid-day, we've had major issues with our dsl. Its incredibly slow and every time someone uses the phone or we receive a call, the dsl modem desyncs and will not sync back up until the phone is cut off. The phone even has a major amount of static on the line as well, but I have no idea what the problem is. I ran several speed test and were getting .17mbs dl speed which is way lower than what we were getting prior to the incident. The dsl still works, but it's recognizably slower than it was, if not at least half as slow. Two people cannot use the internet at the same time or it takes forever to even get the browser page up. If anyone can offer suggestions to what the problem may be I would be greatful, but they are sending a tech tomorrow so I hope one way or the other this issue gets solved.

atigerman

join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI
Maybe one of the dsl filters went bad? How many dsl filters do you have in the house, and do you have a spare one?

JCCCCC

Marble, NC
Just one and I do not have a spare, that would explain the static, but would this affect my dsl download speed as well?

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to JCCCCC
Plug in your Modem into the Nid test jack outside. If you do not know what the nid is its the box on the side of the house. Also it wouldent be a bad idea to plug in your phone and see if theres and static, same with your modem. If your results differ your splitter could be bad or your lines in your house could be going bad.

atigerman

join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI
reply to JCCCCC
said by JCCCCC:

Just one and I do not have a spare, that would explain the static, but would this affect my dsl download speed as well?

I want to say yes, but i just can't dig up any information on the subject at the moment. So you just have the one phone in the house? You don't have a phone line going to anything else?

JCCCCC

Marble, NC
I fixed the problem. Apparently, someone had switched the main phone out of the DSl filter and that was the issue. Thanks for suggesting that though because I checked after looking here.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to JCCCCC
said by JCCCCC:

Yes. When I first got DSL service, I did not even consider the satellite receiver; until I noticed DSL connection issues. When I realized the satellite receiver was also plugged into the line, I filtered it, and significantly improved the DSL service.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum