share rss forum feed

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

What does a green dot mean?

What does a green dot mean in the guide?
The shows are over but if I look in the "Past" hour or so there are some shows that have a green dot.

They need to put up a manual for this guide.
--
OOL Subscriber Since - 10/18/00 . . . iO Subscriber Since - 11/22/04 . . . Optimum Voice Subscriber Since 06/30/11

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
said by georgermct:

They need to put up a manual for this guide.

Not complete but some info.
»www.optimum.net/assets/pdf/user-···_eng.pdf

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

Fairfield CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Just for fun, I called Cablevision and asked them what the green dot means in already aired shows...

"I don't know" was the answer (and I guess we never will). She didn't forward the question to anyone and check either. Oh well :/
--
OOL Subscriber Since - 10/18/00 . . . iO Subscriber Since - 11/22/04 . . . Optimum Voice Subscriber Since 06/30/11

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Ninth page on that PDF that RemyM linked you says that the green icon (or maybe dot) means it finished recording a program that previously aired.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Network Guy:

Ninth page on that PDF that RemyM linked you says that the green icon (or maybe dot) means it finished recording a program that previously aired.

And you can play recording from there

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

Fairfield CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by dm145:

said by Network Guy:

And you can play recording from there

Well if that's true I have a problem because when I go into the DVR nothing has been recorded.
--

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

Fairfield CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Another piece of the puzzle...

The only way to see if a show was new that has already aired is to use the guide at optimum.net.

The thing is, there were no new shows that had to be recorded.

So is this a glitch with the new guide?
--

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
I wouldn't know. I haven't used a shitty CV STB in a little over three years. I've been a happy CableCARD customer with WMCE.