how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to Badonkadonk

Re: d7000 vs d7100

I've been using a Pentax K-r for about two years and no matter what I do I just can't seem to take pictures that are as sharp as a 6MP Canon Rebel I once had.

I've been to Best Buy a half dozen times to Fondle the d7000, d7100, and the similar Canon's. I don't like the layout of the Canons so I am down to a d7000 or d7100 with plans to buy a used d800 later down the road. So I may just go ahead with the d7100 now and buy a d800 in a year or so.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network

If you really want to move up in the near future, why not buy a used D7000? You'd probably take a bit less of a hit if you end up getting rid of it in a year. But I don't know what your uses are gong to be to say that you don't want/need the incremental features of the D7100.

battleop

If I get a 7000 or 7100 I plan on keeping when I buy the next body.

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL

D7100 then.

KCJ

@comcast.net

Does the buffer really matters on d7100 for shooting raw in burst mode? Pictures from D7000 has better colors than d7100 what I felt. Do you need 51 focus points compared to 39 in d7000.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to battleop

said by battleop:

I've been using a Pentax K-r for about two years and no matter what I do I just can't seem to take pictures that are as sharp as a 6MP Canon Rebel I once had.

That's not the camera.

battleop

Yea I know. Another reason for switching to Nikon is the better selection of lenses.

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL

I'm thinking there's a different implication there

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

said by Badonkadonk:

I'm thinking there's a different implication there

I know what you are getting at, and it's really not what I'm getting at. But if one isn't getting sharp pictures, it's not because one is using Brand A or Brand B instead of Brand C. With the exception of specific use lenses, you can find top notch glass of all types for most every brand out there.

I don't care what anyone uses. However I don't like anyone thinking any one brand is incapable of sharp pics (or whatever one seeks). You may not have the best combination for that brand, but they all have good and bad combinations.